Good Hospitals to get a Medical Certificate

Hey everyone,

I need to head to a hospital to get a Medical Check-Up Certificate for my work permit. Has anyone gone through this process and have any recommendations for good hospitals to get this done? I was looking at taking the bus all the way to Cho Ray Hospital in D5 even though I live in D3. It was on a list of a few hospitals that was given to me by my school, but it seems so far.

Let me know, if you have any input. I would really appreciate it.

Cho Ray, is very good and reasonable priced, I've many friends use them without an issue.. I had mine done at FV but only because my work paid for it and organised it. I had no problems there either.

Define "good". Come on, it is a perfunctory certificate for work permit. Besides, you really want to have all the shit listed on there?

Don't get me wrong. I am not arguing for anyone to hide anything, but this is not a check for your benefits, just a paperwork so just get this thing done and over with. You do not a throughout examination. If you want a real health test, go back another time.

Besides, your employers will pay, so why worry? Anyway, choose the one most convenient for you out of the 5 authorized and have it done. If cost is an issue (i.e., you have to pay) then choose a Vietnamese one, like Thong Nhat hospital. Go early to avoid queues.

Hello madam, if you want to found a Hospital in HCMC, I think the best choose is Cho Ray at all. Although it is had some busy and noise in this hospital but if you don't care, it is enough good. If you want to go to this Hospital fastly, please don't be shy to contact to me, i'm a local student and I will volunteer to carrier you were there by my motorbike,it is the best way than you go by bus for a new expater.But I'm a student, I will ask you some question about your language< English :P. Please contact me from Monday to the morning of Friday because in noon Friday every week , i will return my Hometown near here

ISOS clinic also

What is with the snark? I just wanted to know of some other locations that performs this service. Sorry I typed "good" instead of "other." Going from the tip of D3 to D5 is a long trek. I am not expecting a real health check, just wanted other recs. and other peoples experiences.

Not a snark. Just don't understand the point of such a big fuss.

There are only 5 hospitals in HCMC authorized to perform this test. From the names, you should have figured that they all are "international standard", at least good enough to perform such a routine test. You have got the list. Apparently, your employers cover the cost. Why does it seem to be a problem?

Now, if you had asked about distance or their level of services, queue time,.. then it would have been different matter, all together.

Thong Nhat hospital is near my school, in Distric 10, so far from D1 :)

I have list of 4 hospital for you, If you from abroad, only each of them is in policy:
1. Cho Ray Hospital
201B Nguyễn Chí Thanh, D 5, TP. Ho Chi Minh
Tel: (84-8) 38554137 - 38554138 - 38563534 Fax: (84-8) 38557267

2. Thống nhất Hospital
1 Lý Thường Kiệt Quận Tân Bình TP Hồ Chí Minh, D10
Điện thoại: (08)9706079

3.Việt Pháp (FV) Hostpital
-Nguyễn Lương Bằng, Nam Sài Gòn (Phú Mỹ Hưng), D 7, Tp Hồ Chí Minh
ĐT: (08) 54 11 33 33             Fax: (08) 54 11 33 34
-Phòng khám đa khoa FV: Tầng 2, Tòa nhà Citilight, 45 Võ Thị Sáu, Quận 1, Tp Hồ Chí Minh
ĐT: (08)62906167            Fax: (08)62906168

4.Bệnh viện Quốc tế Cumlumbia
Địa chỉ : 8 Alexandrre De Rhodes, D 1, Tp. Hồ Chí Minh
Điện thoại : 84-8-38238888            Fax : 84-8-38238454

International SOS Vietnam, Ltd.
167A Nam Ky Khoi Nghia St, D3
Ho Chi Minh City, S.R. Vietnam   Vietnam

Thanks for the help guys. I really appreciate it.

Hello everyone
I'm a newcomer .You are talk about the certificate for the job.In my opinion,it is a perfunctory certificate for the work permit.So I agree with Anatta.however,if it is have to need to your job,you can get it nearest your hospital. so you have to find the hospials near you before looking for.

I went to Columbia Asia, they are very professional, I got everything done in 30 minutes and fee is 100 USD. The result came out in 1 week as i remember. i think if you try the Cho Ray, you have to wait for longer time, mmm, when you do work permit, you better get things done quickly to avoid futhur trouble :) they can always find reason not to give you work permit.