Rental accommodation in or near Thing gan Nyun

Hello

I'm considering a teaching position in Yangon and believe the site to be Thing Gan Nyun. Please forgive me if that's not how it's written.

I see that rental accommodation in the centre is very expensive and rising all the time but I'm wondering how much I might be able to get something for in or not too far from the area mentioned above. Not looking to share a place as it may be myself and the wife.

Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Thank you.

Mark Brown

Hello,
I have a house to rent in my listing in Thingunnyun. The place call Tosda Garden and 5 minutes to walk to your school. It's a two story house with 3 BR 3bath. 2 room with attach bathroom. Asking price is $2700. Please call me if you are interested to view the place. My # is 09-42011-8988.
Regards,
Winston.

Dear Ko Winston

Thank you for the information but unfortunately I'm looking for something much cheaper than that monthly as I'm a teacher.

Good luck to you in your business.

Regards,

Mark Brown

Dear Mark,
You are very welcome. Good luck finding your place soon and have a wondeful day.
Regards,
Winston.

Hi Mark

I live in Thingangyun and will keep a lookout for you if you can advise the following:

1. Floor area
2. # of bedrooms
3. Any specific requirements e.g. attached bath, balcony, roof deck, elevator etc.
4. Budget

I am assuming you prefer something that an expatriate would consider staying in since there are many cheap but dinghy places which I personally would not consider. ;)

You can email me at [email protected] as I seldom come to this forum.

Ed

I'm just looking over some of the thread here about housing in Yangoon and I'm astounded it's so expensive.  Bangkok isn't even that expensive,is it?

Art

There is a (mistaken) perception among many foreigners that the cost of living in Yangon should be a lot lower than in more developed neighbouring cities like Bangkok.

The reality is that the actual cost of living for an expatriate in Yangon is much HIGHER due to the lack of quality accommodation, eating places and recreational options.

Unless you can live like a local of course. ;)

Actually, that sounds logical.  I suspect that as time goes by that will change.  Mynmar sounds very nice though.  I think it's going to be a 'hot spot'.  Cambodia is already starting to get crowded and more commercial (in some bad ways). 

Art