Bahrain NOC Status

I am Ghanian lady and I was offered an appointment to work as a maid in Bahrain.My employer in Bahrain sent the NOC and ticket to me.But I could not make the trip the day I was scheduled to travel,so I informed my employer.For about one work I was down with malaria and I was in hospital,taking drips and all that.I informed my employer about my health condition but he never bothered to ask after my health.After one week,exactly 8 days after the scheduled time I was supposed to travel,I went to Airline to reconfirm my ticket,but I was told the ticket had been cancelled.When I contacted my employer,he said I should not get in touch with him again cos my visa and ticket have been cancelled.Please I want any forum member who is a PRO advise me on what to do.I have tried to appeal to my employer with no avail.This cancellation took place just within 8days.Pls is it possible for me to know the status of my visa or NOC?if the visa is still valid(that is if it is not true that it has been cancelled),can I be allowed to enter bahrain and look for another job and transfer my NOC to my new employer.Please I need your immediate pieces of advice.

Hi

Sorry to hear your story but DO NOT CONTACT THAT PERSON AGAIN. It sounds to me like he would have treated you very badly and there is a risk that you could have been brought here under false pretences. Always make sure you get references from the persons employer that can be checked out for you by someone here. Single ladies travelling on their own are at risk of being exploited.
You cannot transfer the NOC either.

Take a lot of care before coming here. There are many, many ladies already here looking for work so it does make me concerned that he intended to fly you in etc.

I am not trying to scare you but I do want you to be a lot more informed than you appear to be.

Unfortunately you don't have much leg to stand on for this case. Although you were genuinely sick, the employer have a right to change their mind. I wouldn't hope for a compensation - as this will not take you anywhere.

In terms of the visa situation, visit LMRA website and try to enter your details to see the status of your visa. Please note sometimes the information on that website is not reliable - but mostly ok.

Even if your visa is still valid, you cannot work for another company because your visa will be tied to the first company - it is going to be a painful process.

I would recommend forgetting about this job and move on.