Looking for active friends outside of work!

Hey guys. I have been in Doha for a little over 6 months now and am looking at getting plugged into a group outside my work colleagues. Looking for some people that like to explore the remote beaches, go for a run on the Corniche, enjoy parasailing and various other watersports offered at Katara, or just catching a cup of coffee and people watching at the souqs. Any takers?

Hi!

Welcome to Doha. That would be nice idea. If ypu are also interested in dance maybe you can come and join us. And over  the weekends we can schedule the activities you have mentioned.

I heard Qatar has nice beach as well for water sports. There is one in Fuwairit for Kite surfing. Worth trying!

Let me know what you think?

Cheers

Mareeza

I'm in! You can add watching movies to your list too :)

Great idea! :)

Im in! Im arriving in Doha mid March. Im sure its less boring than Riyadh!

yeah this is good
or may be we can hangout to places like Qatar Bowling Center

Thanks to everyone that has replied so far.  In saying so, let's plan a get together.  How about as amaidj suggested, we get together next Friday, March 1st, around 7pm or so at the Qatar Bowling Center.  Here is the link:
Qatar Bowling Center
I think this is a great idea! It provides a place where everyone can enjoy themselves by participating in a little competition, and get to know each other without doing anything too extreme...yet.

If we get enough interest in this by replying and saying yay or nay below, I will go ahead and make reservations as I am not sure how busy this place gets.  Sound good? If not, any other suggestions?

And for those of you that have not yet commented, but have read the post, feel free to join the conversation!

yeah 1st march is ok with m am in, for qatar living center or anyother place u like to suggest, lilmac am in

welcome to doha,
we are same problem but because i am a housewife its busy to do something in the house....
me and my husband looking some friends or group for camping or some more activities...

looking forward from you!!!
cheers...
jhing

Hey there, I'd like to join too if I may! but cant confirm till Thursday. Hope to c u there, and lets encourage others to join. The more, the better!

Welcome to Doha!

Just came across this site today, unfortunately I've got plans tonight otherwise I would definitely have came along!

Have a good night, hope to be at the next one

hey ;
arrange a dance party

hi im looking also for friends outside of work
like walk on kornish.going outside for shopping or drinking coffe
tel 700 75 034

hi im willing to go outside home find time and contact

Hey, dude or showrty. you need to put your pic for a look. thanks

Hey everyone

Im also new in doha and hoping to meet more friends here. Please let me know if you have anything planned in future or inbox me im not always off and work alot. Will be happy to join and hang out when im off.

Cheers

Shan

hi,
welcome to doha.....

Hi all,

Is it too late to join the group? we are married couple new to Doha and looking for friends & activities , any gathering in the near future?

Mar

Never too late to join! I organized a small get together last month, about 3 people showed up. No worries though. I can try to organize another outing, or if someone else wants to take the helm, do so! All you have to do is find a time and place, post it on here with enough advanced notice and I am sure people will show.  I know I am in!  Any ideas?

I guess we can try bowling , maybe when we get together we can organize a BBQ party by the beach

what do u think?

Mar

hi,
its good idea maybe me and my husband can join also..

This is greaaaaaaaaaaat

Hi everyone

Im also new in doha and hoping to meet more friends here. Will be happy to join and hang out when im off. i do however have to leave for a little while soon till my visa and residents permit is sorted. feel free to contact me.

Cheers

Hey,
another new in Doha. I am in for any activity

let me know

thnx
Amr

if you like to go to the beach,crabbing,swimming or BBQ party,i have a good place for you here in alkhor.

ok Guys , how about next week end (Friday 5 April) for a day on the beach , that will give us enough time and i guess Alkhawr is nice suggestion , what do you think?

I can't commit just yet, but sounds like an awesome idea. If I am available, I will definitely be there.  Gotta get those beach days in before it gets too unbearable!

Unfortunately , I will be in Dubai on April 5th . what about this weekend ?!

Do ur best and we will be waiting for your comittment :) , after all u r the founder of the Idea !

It will be hard for us , we already have plans for this week end :(

when u will back from Dubai?

Hello lilmac,

This is a good idea. We can help you to organise an Expat.com meet up. ;)

hi mar,
i will check first cause we have already plan next week,
we have Saluki its a girl and boy..

have a nice weekend.....
Cheers...
jhing

just feel free to contact me because in terms of  food also i can help you because my uncle is the owner of Beirut restaurant in corniche Alkhor we can reserve food for us that day with fresh seafoods or grill chicken, anything that you want for our Grand Eyeball :-)  just inform me.

hi guys how r u? we had a meetup last month that was organized by lilmac and it was fun, i had a suggestion then, which i like to put on the table here too which is, How about a Boat Trip we can organize a boat trip, what you guys say? i can give you guys a lil detail, the boat will take us to a island there we can have BBQ etc then back to home :-) the trip to island took an hour, anyways i can give details to lilmac and we can do the arrangements,

I find it great idea!

Looking forward to it!!!

Hi there,

I will be moving to Doha pretty soon. Hope to meet nice people when I get there. I worked in the KSA for 4 years so I am really pretty excited to come and work in an 'open city' like Doha. =)

Tess

Hi everybody I am new in Doha and I would like to have fun
Sam

Friends fo outside activities

Hi every body this is very nice off work activities and group I will be happy to join you all and have fun