Travel between Belize City and San Pedro

We just booked out flights to Belize. Very excited. I assume that most people take the puddle jumpers to San Pedro and not the water taxis. Are there any preferences between Maya Island and Tropic Air. The both seem to be $135.00 US for the round trip. This seems to me to not be much more expensive than a taxi from the airport and then a water taxi to AC.

wwiii wrote:

We just booked out flights to Belize. Very excited. I assume that most people take the puddle jumpers to San Pedro and not the water taxis. Are there any preferences between Maya Island and Tropic Air. The both seem to be $135.00 US for the round trip. This seems to me to not be much more expensive than a taxi from the airport and then a water taxi to AC.

Definitely recommend the puddle-jumper at least once.  Although I'm not a big fan of small plane flying, I've gotten more comfortable with it the more times we've done it, and the views are AMAZING.  It's also much quicker and more comfortable than the water taxi.  We've taken that many times as well, but only when taking buses to/from Belize City, not taxis from the airport.  The boat can be bumpy and packed in like sardines at times.  It's cheaper, but less comfortable.

Have flown Tropic many more times than Maya, just from habit. I think they're both fine.

Have responded to your question on the same subject on Facebook. A précis of which is: around  US$165 cheaper for you and your wife to travel via the water taxi. Personally I would go for either Tropic or Maya. We always did when we visited Ambergris Caye for a holiday.

abelizehomeforus.wordpress.com