IQAMA TRANSFER & PROFESSION CHANGING

Dear Expat.com team,
Since the saudi attestion of my degree takes long time.My iqama is having 'karabayi mubani' and i got the offer of 'project cordinator'(green company) and have to work in subcontractor's office,what is the best suitable profession i can choose with out saudi embassy attested degree?at least for the temporary purpose
Thanks.

Dear HRGuru/Admin.
I am a post graduate and is staying in Riyadh on Mehram(dependant) visa/iqama, which does not allow me to work. If at all I get any good job, is this visa/iqama transferable. If yes, then by getting my status change will this effect in any way to status or job of my Sponsor (for whom I came as mehram). Please advise.

nhaaaa wrote:

Dear HRGuru/Admin.
I am a post graduate and is staying in Riyadh on Mehram(dependant) visa/iqama, which does not allow me to work. If at all I get any good job, is this visa/iqama transferable. If yes, then by getting my status change will this effect in any way to status or job of my Sponsor (for whom I came as mehram). Please advise.

Under the previous and current applicable laws , Mahrams are not allowed to work and cannot change your sponsorship to any company. During the amnesty period which ended on Nov 3, it would have been possible but now its not possible any more.

Dear HRGuru,

I would like to know the laws regarding transfer of sponsorship.  My case now is like this.  I have been informed that i was transferred to a new sponsor a few days ago before November 3.  What he did not inform me is the expenses he incurred on transferring me.  I did not apply on his company, one of his employees recommended me, i just submitted my papers and after a few days my iqama was renewed.  Tomorrow I am going to have a meeting with the new kafil.  What if we did not agree on the payments, can i possibly transfer again to another sponsor who is willing to take/hire me without paying anything?

JComTech wrote:

Dear HRGuru,

I would like to know the laws regarding transfer of sponsorship.  My case now is like this.  I have been informed that i was transferred to a new sponsor a few days ago before November 3.  What he did not inform me is the expenses he incurred on transferring me.  I did not apply on his company, one of his employees recommended me, i just submitted my papers and after a few days my iqama was renewed.  Tomorrow I am going to have a meeting with the new kafil.  What if we did not agree on the payments, can i possibly transfer again to another sponsor who is willing to take/hire me without paying anything?

What's the Nitaqat color of this sponsor? I assume green.

You may move to:
Excellent Status Company:
1- You'll need approval of your sponsor.

Green or White Status Company:
2- You need to complete 2 yrs with this sponsor.

thanks for the prompt response, sir TheLegendleads.  Yes its green.  Another sponsor is willing to buy me from him because he is really in need of another worker.

TheLegendLeads wrote:
JComTech wrote:

Dear HRGuru,

What's the Nitaqat color of this sponsor? I assume green.

You may move to:
Excellent Status Company:

Green or White Status Company:
2- You need to complete 2 yrs with this sponsor.

:one

Note that this is not an easy thing to do, jumping from one sponsor to another and you should refrain from such practices. As TLL said, if you are in green now you may even need to wait for 2 yrs.

I want to tell that I have successfully obtained family visa . I donot have bachelors or a degree

But Allahumdulilah! Thanks for.the help.everyone!

nitaali wrote:

I want to tell that I have successfully obtained family visa . I donot have bachelors or a degree

But Allahumdulilah! Thanks for.the help.everyone!

Congrats!!!

Do share with us what worked for you after they refused you the other day. It will help other viewers.

Dear HRGuru,

Thank you so much for quick response. I have got one more question, Now that as a Mehram I cannot change my status and cannot work. So, if I want to go back to India, what will be the procedure to get this Mehram visa cancelled or what is the law regarding this. By going to India will this effect in any way to the sponsor (for whom I am mehram) and can the sponsor work and stay without Mehram. Or will there be a need for other Mehram if I am leaving.

Thanks.

nhaaaa wrote:

Dear HRGuru,

Thank you so much for quick response. I have got one more question, Now that as a Mehram I cannot change my status and cannot work. So, if I want to go back to India, what will be the procedure to get this Mehram visa cancelled or what is the law regarding this. By going to India will this effect in any way to the sponsor (for whom I am mehram) and can the sponsor work and stay without Mehram. Or will there be a need for other Mehram if I am leaving.

Thanks.

For expat women to work , Mahrams were not mandatory and this was an option given for those who wanted to bring family here, and stay out as a family. For you to go back, you need to get exit for you only and go and then come back on a new visa if you can get one. So when you come on a new visa you will be as new employee and then later you can add your wife within your iqama or she can add you as husband and both can live together here.

aad2411 wrote:

Dear all,

My profession is Private Driver but i am working as Secretary in a company. So can i change my profession from Private Driver to any other & what is suitable profession for this kind of job.

Please guide me.

Waiting........
-------------------------------------------------------

Change from personal / private driver to companies was possible during the amnesty period. Since that is now over and if the rules have gone back to the old ways then its not possible to change to company. But I have heard reports that still MOL and Jawazat will process papers if proper documentation and fees is paid. So try your case and then see how it goes.

------------------------------------------------------------

My company person told me that, its possible by labor office. Can some body guide me how he will process this all issue by labor office.

Waiting.....

Hi,

During the amnesty period I availed the concessions offered by the government and got my spoonsorship transfered to another company even after my old sponsor had put me on huroob. I called up the MOL telephone line and confirmed with them they told me that my application was approved by both MOL and MOI. After this I got a print out from MOL stating that the transfered had been done, but the problem is now when my muaqib went to Jawazat to complete the transfer they  told him that the huroob has not been removed as it is still in their system. My question is what should I do now when I go to MOL they say everything has been done from here. Someone told me I have to go to tarheel to remove it, but I dont know what should I do and neither does the muaqib. Do you know what the procedure is?

Another question is do I need to speed this up as I have heard on other forums that MOL gives you three months to complete transfer otherwise it is reverted back to the old one? Is this true?

aad2411 wrote:

Dear all,

My profession is Private Driver but i am working as Secretary in a company. So can i change my profession from Private Driver to any other & what is suitable profession for this kind of job.

Please guide me.

Waiting........

Change from personal / private driver to companies was possible during the amnesty period. Since that is now over and if the rules have gone back to the old ways then its not possible to change to company. But I have heard reports that still MOL and Jawazat will process papers if proper documentation and fees is paid. So try your case and then see how it goes.

My company person told me that, its possible by labor office. Can some body guide me how he will process this all issue by labor office.

Waiting.....
-------------------------------------------------------------

I request to HRGURU, Please reply on my issue.

Waiting......

saad2411 wrote:

aad2411 wrote:

Dear all,

Please guide me.

Waiting........

Waiting.....
-------------------------------------------------------------

I request to HRGURU, Please reply on my issue.

Waiting......

The below, that you have quoted was my reply.

"Change from personal / private driver to companies was possible during the amnesty period. Since that is now over and if the rules have gone back to the old ways then its not possible to change to company. But I have heard reports that still MOL and Jawazat will process papers if proper documentation and fees is paid. So try your case and then see how it goes"

You need to check with the company HR person to see how he can assist you. Alternatively you need to have educational certificates attested to prove your profession / wannabe profession.

Dear Gurus,

Need your help.

I came to Saudi in the beginning of this month (by 'arranging' a work visa). My kafeel's nitaqat status is "green low" and he has issued my iqamah. My profession on iqamah is 'amil aadi'.

The thing is, I don't have to work with this kafil as I am here to work for another company (that company actually called me here, they didn't have visa, and they are also in green category).

Following are some questions, please respond based on authentic info:

1- Will there be any hurdle faced in my sponsorship transfer as it's just been a month living in KSA? If yes, way out? [govt. gave one month grace period for companies, will it help?]. The company for which I am actually working is saying that there shouldn't be any problem in sponsorship transfer. Is 2 years ban still effective?

2- I need to change profession. I have computer science degree but I am actually working on a strategic planning role. How to change the profession and which profession will be the most suitable (I have to bring family ASAP)?

3) My degree is from a British University and it's attested by British Council (in Pakistan) and MOFA. Will it be sufficient for the profession change or I MUST get it attested from Saudi Embassy (it will take a lot of time)? I heard that govt. was changing profession during amnesty without even asking for certificates, have they stopped doing so after 3rd Nov? Will providing the original degree won't be enough?

Please help.

Thank you.

sir,
    i got a house driver visa from jeddah, the owner of the firm has taken family driver visa, i am informed that he will transfer the house driver visa to the company visa. is it possible to do so to change the house driver visa to the professional visa. the kafeel is very close to one my relatives who is sending the visa.
so can u pls tell me whether it is convertible or not.

pakexpat wrote:

Dear Gurus,

Need your help.

I came to Saudi in the beginning of this month (by 'arranging' a work visa). My kafeel's nitaqat status is "green low" and he has issued my iqamah. My profession on iqamah is 'amil aadi'.

The thing is, I don't have to work with this kafil as I am here to work for another company (that company actually called me here, they didn't have visa, and they are also in green category).

Following are some questions, please respond based on authentic info:

1- Will there be any hurdle faced in my sponsorship transfer as it's just been a month living in KSA? If yes, way out? [govt. gave one month grace period for companies, will it help?]. The company for which I am actually working is saying that there shouldn't be any problem in sponsorship transfer. Is 2 years ban still effective?

2- I need to change profession. I have computer science degree but I am actually working on a strategic planning role. How to change the profession and which profession will be the most suitable (I have to bring family ASAP)?

3) My degree is from a British University and it's attested by British Council (in Pakistan) and MOFA. Will it be sufficient for the profession change or I MUST get it attested from Saudi Embassy (it will take a lot of time)? I heard that govt. was changing profession during amnesty without even asking for certificates, have they stopped doing so after 3rd Nov? Will providing the original degree won't be enough?

Please help.

Thank you.

Two year ban is still effective, if you new company is in green and you are currently in low green , transfer is possible. If new company in platinum and you are currently in green still possible without the 2 yr ban. So it all comes down to your new company and your current companies status.

How to change the profession topic is discussed several times in this forum, you can use the Google search tool bar next time. You need the education certificate to be attested from Saudi embassy and then apply for profession change.

Certificate usually needs to be attested from Saudi embassy in the country of study, since its attested from MOFA it might work, check with your HR. The change without certificate was only during the amnesty period and no longer applicable.

majid150 wrote:

sir,
    i got a house driver visa from jeddah, the owner of the firm has taken family driver visa, i am informed that he will transfer the house driver visa to the company visa. is it possible to do so to change the house driver visa to the professional visa. the kafeel is very close to one my relatives who is sending the visa.
so can u pls tell me whether it is convertible or not.

House driver visas are usually not transferable to companies, it was possible though during the amnesty period but not any more.

Hey Guys,
An HR guy told me today that profession change is disallowed for the time being (Dammam/Khobar). Can anyone confirm this? Has someone faced this, if yes, would someone suggest a way out?

chang my profession

[Moderated: Off topic.]

dear sir ihave one problem i need my doughtar visa before she was hear in saudia arabia but last two year she not come remaning al familey are heare in saudia arabia so tell me how can i bring my doughtar agin

Hey Guys,
An HR guy told me today that profession change is disallowed for the time being (Dammam/Khobar) and there are so many pending applications. Can anyone confirm this? Has someone faced this, if yes, would someone suggest a way out?

Dear I have a mechatronics engineering degree but my profession is Telecom technician. Can I get family permanent visa? What do I need to get attested apart from degree?

abubakrquddusi wrote:

Dear I have a mechatronics engineering degree but my profession is Telecom technician. Can I get family permanent visa? What do I need to get attested apart from degree?

Yes you can, and yes you need your degree certificate attested from saudi embassy.

Dear my degree is already attested from saudi embassy But my marriage certificate and birth certificate of my son is not. These docs are with me here. Is there nah alternative for birth and marriage certificate attestation. Can i get them attested here in khobar.

abubakrquddusi wrote:

Dear my degree is already attested from saudi embassy But my marriage certificate and birth certificate of my son is not. These docs are with me here. Is there nah alternative for birth and marriage certificate attestation. Can i get them attested here in khobar.

There is no alternate and to get this attested in Khobar.

Dear All,

Now my profession has been changed as communication technician but my Kafeel is still same, my company HR person is saying that due to some internal issue, We will take you under transfer after 15 to 20 days or one month, So can somebody guide me that, is there any problem or its okay, because right now i am still under a Single kafeel but my profession is communication technician.

Waiting for your reply,

Thanks,

Dear Sir
I am unable to transfer my sponsorship .I have submitted all my docs and letters for labor office and passport office.Its been around one month as of now.Still they are not able to do it.so whenever i approach them they are telling they are unable to make request due to some labor card renewal issue.Is it like that ???If the labor card is not renewed for the present employees,will it  not be possible to  accept a new employ ??? please advice me on this regard

saad2411 wrote:

Dear All,

Now my profession has been changed as communication technician but my Kafeel is still same, my company HR person is saying that due to some internal issue, We will take you under transfer after 15 to 20 days or one month, So can somebody guide me that, is there any problem or its okay, because right now i am still under a Single kafeel but my profession is communication technician.

Waiting for your reply,

Thanks,

As long as your sponsorship is not transferred, what ever issues you had before due to lack of transfer will still be there, just by changing the profession while still being under the old sponsor is not going to resolve your sponsorship issue, but if the new company already has all your papers and they give you a letter saying that your documents are under sponsorship transfer, then you dont have to worry.

shabiz wrote:

Dear Sir
I am unable to transfer my sponsorship .I have submitted all my docs and letters for labor office and passport office.Its been around one month as of now.Still they are not able to do it.so whenever i approach them they are telling they are unable to make request due to some labor card renewal issue.Is it like that ???If the labor card is not renewed for the present employees,will it  not be possible to  accept a new employ ??? please advice me on this regard

This could be due to several reasons, perhaps your current sponsors chamber registration has expired or his file number in labor office has not been renewed etc etc. You can find another sponsor and move to him provided your current sponsor is in red / yellow category. Otherwise the option is to know what exactly is the issue and then try to address it or resolve it with your current sponsor.

my iqama number is 2352114041 is my iqama changed to new sponsor

Assalam o alaikum,
HR Guru
it's been a long time to join.
My Profession in Iqama is فني حسابات عام ( Accounts Technician ). I need to ask that is it Family status visa. can i call my family from this visa category.

MJ.Kher wrote:

Assalam o alaikum,
HR Guru
it's been a long time to join.
My Profession in Iqama is فني حسابات عام ( Accounts Technician ). I need to ask that is it Family status visa. can i call my family from this visa category.

There are unconfirmed reports that "Technician" visa category is being rejected now , and at the same time some of the professions are being given as well. Your chances of getting to know exact information would be to visit the istiqdam offices and check with them or with any general service firm who has good experience in such things.

Check with your HR and confirm if they reject everything will be in their system so dont take risk. I will check with my contacts and let you know, contact with me after 2 days inbox ur email.

Hi HR Guru,

I want to transfer my iqama from my current sponsor ( green-high) to another sponsor (green) but i haven't completed 2 years with my current sponsor because the manufacturing plant I was working at has been shut down due to which I have been laid off.The company is ready is provide me with NOC.The profession on my iqama is Industrial Engineer, can I transfer my sponsorship, I have already completed 1 year.Your reply would be highly appreciated.

Regards,
Saad Ahmad

Transferring from a green to another green company requires you to complete 2 yrs on the job. If you are transferring to platinum status company then its ok. Platinum to Platinum is also ok.

Thx HRGuru for the prompt reply. :thanks:

Can I be exempted from the 2 year limit since the manufacturing plant I was working at was shut down as the company sold the manufacturing license to some other company.Also can I transfer my iqama if my current sponsor is in platinum category??Your reply would be highly appreciated

saad598 wrote:

Thx HRGuru for the prompt reply. :thanks:

Can I be exempted from the 2 year limit since the manufacturing plant I was working at was shut down as the company sold the manufacturing license to some other company.Also can I transfer my iqama if my current sponsor is in platinum category??Your reply would be highly appreciated

No exemptions even if there is a shut down since there is a new sponsor.

If the new sponsor is in platinum yes you can , if you are in platinum and the new sponsor in green, it may work (am not sure since i have seen cases where it worked as well as rejected)