Brunei Registry

I am going to Brunei this May 2013 to get a copy of Marriage contract and Birth certificate.  Can anybody tell me the requirements for getting these documents from the Registry and how much is the fee.  I Have already asked the Brunei Embassy in the Philippines but they have no idea.

Thank you very much.

Hello mathpad.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

This thread could help perhaps : Getting married in Brunei

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hi, Aurelie. 

Thanks for your reply.  However, I am not getting married.  I was married in Brunei in 1992 and had a child born and registered in Brunei in 1997. What I want is to get a copy of my marriage certificate and the birth certificate of my child.

Regards.
Mathpad

hi. were u able to get the copy of your brunei marriage cert?

if so, how did you go about?

where / who to call?

were you able to make an application online, and have them send the copy of the cert to you?

what is the best / fastest way?

pls do drop me an email... thanks.. [email protected]

i need to get a copy of brunei marriage cert for a client of mine...  we have no idea how to go about...

thanks in advance..

Hi!

I did not get any answers on my inquiry.  Not even when I emailed  the Brunei Govt website.

I think there is no other way but to go to Brunei and get it yourself from the Magistrate and records, which is I am going to do next.

Good luck.

faint...

thanks anyway... seems like i will have to do the same (or get my client to do the same)...

i will update u if i do get any other ways of getting this sorted out...

Hi! Do you have any update on how to get a certified copy of the marriage contract from the Brunei Registry?  I would appreciate your help on this as I am already beginning to be desperate as the Phil embassy informed me that the registry has no records.  Thanks.

where are you now? in Manila, if you have any friends or relative in Brunei, maybe you can send them  an authorization letter to transact to the magistrate office in your behalf. Not sure if this works but less harm trying.