Advice on Iqama Transfer

Needed an advice that my wife is a doctor & she sponsored me. My Iqama says that I cant work on this visa but what if I get a job somewhere. Is it possible to have it transferred easily to my employers iqama or I am in trouble...

Mohsin82 wrote:

Needed an advice that my wife is a doctor & she sponsored me. My Iqama says that I cant work on this visa but what if I get a job somewhere. Is it possible to have it transferred easily to my employers iqama or I am in trouble...

Dear Mohsin,

When you are here in KSA as Mahram for your wife , as you mentioned it says you cannot work and hence it cannot be transfered. The options you have are as follows:

- Work without changing sponsorship - a lot of people do this. I wont endorse this personally since you are putting yourself and the organization at risk if a checking comes up.

- Come back on a new work visa - ideal choice if you already have a job lined up  and if sponsor has visa / or willing to wait till you find a visa and come back.

- Find some one powerful - could be an agency / individual who can transfer this to normal resident visa - this option is very rare, difficult and extremely costly. But then again in KSA money gets you things you cant imagine :D

Hope this helps.

Thanks HRGuru for the response.

Any time dear, glad to be of assistance.

Couple of questions related to visa / iqama.

- Is there still a limit of two years only after which one can transfer iqama? Is there any option to do it before two years?

- Is NOC required if you exit and plan to come back on a new visa? Again the duration on the current visa is not yet two years.

Any assistance is appreciated.

I have a question... If I will transfer my iqama to my new sponsor is there any paper from my previous sponsor to be submitted to renew my iqama? Because my iqama is already expired for almost 3 months and my new sponsor always tells me that they ca not renew my iqama because they need something from my previous sponsor and unfortunately they can not find and call my first sponsor. Is there any other option if they cannot find my past sponsor.

HRGuru,

What if I do not need to take an exit as my current kafeel will not have any problems in giving me NOC??

ahmedf wrote:

Couple of questions related to visa / iqama.

- Is there still a limit of two years only after which one can transfer iqama? Is there any option to do it before two years?

- Is NOC required if you exit and plan to come back on a new visa? Again the duration on the current visa is not yet two years.

Any assistance is appreciated.

Answers to your queries

- Is there still a limit of two years only after which one can transfer iqama? Is there any option to do it before two years?

Yes, not just on the first time, even for the subsequent transfers. Exception is only if your sponsor is in red and if the hiring company is in excellent category under nitaqat.

- Is NOC required if you exit and plan to come back on a new visa? Again the duration on the current visa is not yet two years.

NOC requirement has been taken out with the introduction of finger printing system. It doesnt matter if you have completed how many years / month / days before exit and after coming back still 2 yrs will apply starting from the new sponsor / arrival.

Regards,

richardlopez wrote:

I have a question... If I will transfer my iqama to my new sponsor is there any paper from my previous sponsor to be submitted to renew my iqama? Because my iqama is already expired for almost 3 months and my new sponsor always tells me that they ca not renew my iqama because they need something from my previous sponsor and unfortunately they can not find and call my first sponsor. Is there any other option if they cannot find my past sponsor.

You need three letters from your old sponsor so that the new sponsor can transfer your visa. Three letters, same contents that they are releasing you, one addressed to Jawazat, one to Maktab Al Amal and one to the new company / sponsor. Usually you get this letter once you submit the demand letter. Some time missing information can also include old sponsor number in maktab al amal. solution is to find out what is missing and try to locate it. Other option is to change your sponsorship to Jawazat directly, but for this you need have a case in court showing that your sponsor has not responded / left you / non payment of salary / harassment etc etc.

Thanks HRGuru. Much appreciated.

HRGuru wrote:

It doesnt matter if you have completed how many years / month / days before exit and after coming back still 2 yrs will apply starting from the new sponsor / arrival.

If I have completed just 18 months into the visa, I can take an exit and come back on a new visa immediately, right?. Or I can come back only after 6 months?

Thanks in advance.

Mohsin82 wrote:

HRGuru,

What if I do not need to take an exit as my current kafeel will not have any problems in giving me NOC??

Mohsin,

Kindly can you clarify further please since I cant understand your question. You are asking me about NOC and exit that you dont need. If you are not going on exit then why do you need NOC? In any case NOC is not required any longer, even if you kafeel is willing to give it.

ahmedf wrote:

Thanks HRGuru. Much appreciated.

HRGuru wrote:

It doesnt matter if you have completed how many years / month / days before exit and after coming back still 2 yrs will apply starting from the new sponsor / arrival.

If I have completed just 18 months into the visa, I can take an exit and come back on a new visa immediately, right?. Or I can come back only after 6 months?

Thanks in advance.

In order to get exit there is no time frame. You can arrive for the first time and within one day you can go back on exit , if its possible to finish all papers and if you choose to.

2 yrs is applicable only for transfer of sponsorship.

Now as to coming back - if you are coming back on new visa, with a new company and not in competitive line of business (unless your old sponsor has made you sigh non-competitive agreement and he comes to know that you are back) then you can come back the next day itself, again if possible physically :)

HRGuru wrote:
ahmedf wrote:

Thanks HRGuru. Much appreciated.

HRGuru wrote:

It doesnt matter if you have completed how many years / month / days before exit and after coming back still 2 yrs will apply starting from the new sponsor / arrival.

If I have completed just 18 months into the visa, I can take an exit and come back on a new visa immediately, right?. Or I can come back only after 6 months?

Thanks in advance.

In order to get exit there is no time frame. You can arrive for the first time and within one day you can go back on exit , if its possible to finish all papers and if you choose to.

2 yrs is applicable only for transfer of sponsorship.

Now as to coming back - if you are coming back on new visa, with a new company and not in competitive line of business (unless your old sponsor has made you sigh non-competitive agreement and he comes to know that you are back) then you can come back the next day itself, again if possible physically :)

Thanks HRGuru for the information.

You are welcome.

Mohsin82 wrote:

HRGuru,

What if I do not need to take an exit as my current kafeel will not have any problems in giving me NOC??

@Mohsin.
I agree with each and everything HRGuru wrote in response.

My 2 cents:
The non-workability in your Iqama is the issue. The NoC from your sponsor will mean: "I don't have problems in trasferring him to some other party.". This doesn't affect your iqama workability.

The objecting parties here would be two:

1- The company who employ you. In case of checking, they'll get into trouble of penality.
2- Jawazat

So in this situation, the NoC would be meaningless in its place.

Couldn't have clarified better :)

Dears

My sponor's company not giving me release paper, so is it possible to get tranfer without his permission and its how much risky?

Thanks,

Dears

Kindly advice me that I need to take transfer from my existing sponsor but he refused me, so its possible to get transfor without hispermission and its how much risky?

Thanks,

Ahmad

Ahmadtanvir wrote:

Dears

Kindly advice me that I need to take transfer from my existing sponsor but he refused me, so its possible to get transfor without hispermission and its how much risky?

Thanks,

Ahmad

The cases where you can have a transfer without your sponsors permission is

- if he is in red category and you are moving to a green / excellent category
- If you approach labor office / Jawazat and they transfer you under them after a court order.

New topic