Planing to relocate to Dubai

Hey guys

I was looking for a job in Dubai for sometime from home but no luck, so Im planing to go on a visit visa for a month and try, so any informations would be helpfull.

Hi aazra!

Do you have any specific questions?

Regards
Armand

you will have to state your qualification/ career profile etc. to give you any indication on your job prospectus.

Actually i have a lots of question, first one would be : Should i go to Dubai or should i keep tryin from home?  :/ Also ive heard about agencys they have there, like u pay them they find u a job, anybody knows something about it?
about my qualification/ career profile, i have more then +3years experience in customer service, speak few languages( english, spanish, italian and my lang.bosnian).
Thanks

most of the agencies will only collect money and will never find you a job. Good agencies will not collect money for registration. So don't pay money for any such agency. If you keep trying from there chances for getting a job is remote. A job which requires knowledge of Spanish and Italian will be very few. If you find a general job based on your experience of  customer service, the salary may not be sufficient and may not be worth to save enough in these times

you can come on a visit visa and try yourself if you can afford. As soon as you come you can post in gnads4u.com and similar forums and  keep trying

So ur saying it would be better to keep appling from home?

Hi,
Every person should have try to get better in life so you should too. There is very less scope for jobs by applying online. Here most of the employers like to have face to face interviews for recruitment. If you need any kind of help about Dubai you can ask with out hesitation.
Best of luck

Hi job seeker

Dont pay for recruitment agencies .. their role to provide your information to employer .. if employer accepted and after interview .. agency will be paid by employer .. No job seeker

Its good idea to visit and learn the situation .. but in mind .. it will take time .. but at the you will find

Good luck

Hello,

my advice is to apply from home rather than coming to Dubai, but u r most welcome ..

Try to target some well known hotel chains in Dubai as they are expanding and in need for new joiners ..

For any further assisst, please let me know .. best of luck ;)

Hi
Dubai Airport is expanding and recruiting so there might be some opportunities for you there. For this you can apply online.

For others, its better if you were in Dubai. That increases your chances of employment.

Good luck!

Thanks guys all tho im still confused some of u say it would be better to keep trying online others to come, i got replay from some company to do skype interview which i did, company is fake, dont know why people do that :/ taurman2003 u are talking about fly emirates?

Yes fake .. in UAE no online interview

The process:
1- employer will receive ur cv for review
2- if it gets initial acceptance .. you will be contacted
3- you both will decide date and time for face to face interview

Send ur cv to this below email:

Its for real recruitment agency in dubai .. they have found me good job.

[email protected]

Again .. you need to be in dubai to understand and learn how to find suitable job.

Good luck

I was thinking the same, but then i saw the costs of going there and they are quite big :/ I think its better to apply from home, until we find something solid. Does anybody here knows the best way to find something online?? Couse im on beyt, monster applying for few months, daily and nothing :/

Hi Aannie. You may try on below link for fresh jobs here.
gnads4u.com/jobs

Telephonic interviews are quite common, one could apply for jobs from anywhere.  If shortlisted, the prospective employer may invite the candidate for a personal interview at their cost.

So its possible to get a job from home, by telephone, skype interview? Just had conversation with one of the recruters from didnt really understand what she is saying her english is not good, she didnt say do i need to be there or not :/ or maybe she did and i didnt understand :/

Hey Jobseekers,

Its good to see this thread actually helping.
Apart from gnads4u.com, I world recommend dubizzle.com, when you see a good response for your profile, make a short trip to Dubai and attend all the interviews.

As per my experience as a recruitment consultant, Dubai always looking out for well educated, presentable people for high paying jobs. Please email me your CV/ resume at [email protected]. I will let you know, if we have a suitable vacancy for you.

I hope I have cleared some doubts. Always remember, confusion is only a waste of time.

Cheers,

Im sure u gonna get lots of emails now :) As a recruter can u tell us, how is the situation for other group, i know that well educated people can get job easy, not just there, what about "others" how is situation there? For example me, i dont have diploma but i have worked as a receptionist in well known hotel chains.

The first 3 months of the year, or the first quarter is said to be the time when most organizations decide to restructure and strategize for the year. So,if you are planning to come to Dubai, you should come in March 2013 itself.

Please note that in Dubai, employers prefer to interview the candidate face to face before they finalize. They will not select you over an online interview and send you a visa.

Therefore, it is better to book your tickets which come with 1 month free visa. This serves as a trip and also helps your career.In the meanwhile, if you have friends in Dubai, they should begin sending your CV before you arrive.

Hi to all looking for jobs and in similar situations. 
I personally think best way is to be in Dubai itself to get the best chances of getting a job.  Visa should not be an issue for most people as you can renew this each month by going to the the Oman border by car.  I have heard people do regular visa runs to renew their monthly visas. 
It is expensive to go and look for a job i agree, however if you come with the intention of job as your primary reason and keep an eye on your budget it can easily be done.  My suggestion why don't a few people get together and rent out apartments on monthly basis.  Give yourself 3 months min period to look for jobs.  If you all live together and all looking for jobs it will be a good motivator.  There are some decent apartments in Discovery Gardens which is reasonable rent for Dubai i think.  Else you can always live in Sharjah which is 20 mins away and will be much cheaper to live as accommodation and eating out is  alot cheaper. Atleast if you come over you know you have given it a go.  If nothing else it will be a holiday. I am thinking of going March and doing my reserach now before I land.  Well good luck.
Sammy

Hi everyone,

I intend to come to Dubai and search for a suitable position, but I have one problem to be solved.
Maybe someone knows the best way to deal with the issue...
So, I have 3 years residency visa in my passport(not valid for use anymore because left U.A.E. more than 6 months ago), I can't submit a request for visit visa since have my resident visa not cancelled
I know that my employer must cancel my visa, but the company doesn't exist anymore and left some dues to pay....
As for me I have no ban or any debts left

Let me know how to clear my file from system so that to be able to get new visa/job....

All recommendations would be greatly appreciated guys!!!

Well actually that would be a great idea, so is there anyone who is planing a visit to Dubai?

I can help you out to arrange here things up to some extent. Whenever you want to come to Dubai you can forward your cv to me and I can start to send to some employers some days before of your arrival and of course free of charge. Even if you like you can stay here like my guest and can search job.

I got a job while on visit and have got a pretty good idea of scammers in the dubai. so make sure not to get scammed in dubai. always google the company calling u for interview.

Hey peoples :P Im Nicole from Usa, i was thinking the same to come on a visit if i like it might look for a job, also i see Azra why u confused, some of people here say dont come, other say come, however when u are in the country ur looking for a job there is more chance to find it, from home u can only apply on what u see online, if u there u can get ads from news p. signs on stores "hiring now" or just go to hotels and ask are they hiring.
qamarkarak u got a job on visit visa right? How long did it take u?
And what happend how did u get scammed?

Hi Nicole. For you to come to Dubai is so easy, if you are an American passport holder. You don't require a visa for one month. This is the same for EU passport holders as well.

The best way is to definitely come here to look for job as employers prefer face to face interviews.

Shakeeluae....very generous offer is it open to all?

Aazra  i am planning this month maybe...It would be good to hire out a place with afew people that way it wont be boring either.
[email protected]  if u want to email me.

Hi all,

Its true that being in Dubai is much better than just applying online, however I don't expect you will get a reply in one month .. So it can be easier if you at least apply online before you are here not just come here and start applying ..
I have been in UAE for so long and i have some connections so i don't mind helping you out if you pass your CV to me .. Lovedart2000[at]hotmail.com
One last thing to ask .. Are you just seeking jobs in Dubai only or would you accept other emirates as well?

Good luck and have a nice day

hello, i m in the same position as you...i m searching for a job for some time but no luck, i think that you need a lot of luck in order to find something good...

Sammy... I guess this is not your first visit to Dubai. So would like to see you in coffee here soon. :-)

Hey guys

Lovedart i have been applying online, and i got something but nothing good. Others who answerd like from hotels just give their address and time when i should come, Also i see lots of openings in hotels right now hope they wont finish with hiring when i come :/ I will come on one month visa if i dont find nothing in that time will extend it, hope i can do that :)

Hi Aazra,

I just heard today there is a brand new Hilton hotel being opened.  The top management staff have been hired.  But i am sure they will hire more staff nearer the opening which is still a few months away.  I know the Director of Operations as he worked in London before.  If I am there I can find out when the vacancies  are going to be.  Its always best to meet these people face to face.   
As far as myself is concerned guys, then all I can say is I am looking for more business opportunities than jobs... IF there is a good job paying 18,000 dhms plus a month then I can consider jobs also.  Otherwise if anyone knows of good business opps let me know.

Hi Sammy,
You are right. Personal business is always better than job. I've couple of ideas about business here so I can help you out in this regard. We might consider to start some good business together.

Shakeel tell me what propositions you think are feasible.
Pm me ur plans so I can look at these.  I need ideas fast.

Sammy what exactly is it that you do? Do you run your own business?

My suggestion is, first define what you want to do and can do, then you can get suggestions on how to go about it, do a market study, the works.... I have friends who work in AC Nielsen, they do market research for various companies, I get information relevant for me through them free of charge ofcourse ;) 

Dubai started off as a trading city, and to date it has continued with this. Ofcourse over the years the big trading companies have diversified into many sectors. Al Habtoor, Al Futtaim, Al Ghurair.. the list is endless. These are some of the big reputed local families here who diversified from Trading to Contracting, Retail, Automobiles.....etc.

To start your own business here, you have 2 options. There are many Free Zones here, where you will have 100% ownership of your business. But if you are setting up your business outside the Free Zones, you need a local sponsor. Technically your local sponsor would handle all your visa requirements and other government formalities. In return, you have to give an agreed percentage in sponsorship fees to your sponsor annually.

This is the homepage of Department of Economic Development http://www.dubaided.gov.ae/english/pages/default.aspx

It will give you an idea of what is needed.

Hello,

The scene is difficult  applying from there.
Anyways  ,  I can give  you some information. Try Dubizzle.com.
It has helped some people.

kEEP IN TOUCH

ashvind10 i did apply from home but no body will wait untill i come, they have people who are there, why should they wait for me.
What happen with that girl?

Thanks Kahsiv for the info on Dubai...lol....I know how the system works generally and I have checked out lots of websites including the official govt one you have mentioned. The stage I am in at the moment is looking for new business for sale possibly already up and running such as cafeteria's or beauty salons.  Or if there are some good retail shell outlets with good potential then i can look at them in the new upcoming areas such as JVC.  I wont know until I am out there as to how much the development has taken place.  Along with these business I would also like to look at a office based business for which i need to do some brainstorming and get feasible ideas, I have a few.  I have been told that call centres in Dubai are not allowed and international call charges are high so that is a bit of a setback.  I know I can buy the trade license and get  all the visas organised.   The help I require from people out there already in the market is to guide what is really happening in what areas and if they know of any businesses going cheap.  Or maybe someone has some good ideas and we can do some joint ventures.  If someone asked me in UK I can tell them lots of profitable ideas.  I also have student graduate placements for people who want to study in the UK that is something possibly I could do in a office in Dubai.....  I need some more viable ideas guys :)   Appreciate feedback via inbox.
Sammy

Guys i dont mean to be rude, but im not here to look for a boyfriend, it would be great if u stop sending me messages like that. Thank You