Visting in March and Moving in late May (or sooner)

Hi Expats and other advisers,
   I will be moving to Malaysia at the end of May but will be there to visit in 4 weeks to job hunt, I can't wait! I have not received a firm job offer yet but hoping my trip next month will land something firm, any advice?
Please let me know if your company or anyone you know is hiring; just message me and I will send my resume.  I have bachelors in Business Management, 10 Years experience in Finance /pricing /project management and about to complete my Masters degree in Project Management.
This site has been so helpful, thank you all in advance for any advice.
Cheers!

Hi I do suggest you use your contacts you must have made to het a job before arriving as expat jobs in finance are never advertised - and depends what skills you have. My rule of thumb is that people who resort to looking online for jobs in malaysia generally won't get one - those that do have contact (or usually get sent to Malaysia).

We will prob see more of this though. The west is in decline and by 2017 there will be more finance jobs in Singapore and hong kong than London and new York. Please note Malaysia hardly has any jobs in finance compared to Singapore. There if you have the right skills jobs are far easier to get and I recommend you try there and hk. Btw if you have worked on UAE this isn't the ME. In the ME the locals are too rich/lazy/stupid to work (the latter usually for the royal family members!) whereas in Malaysia you have hardworking Chinese finance professionals who work hard. Very hard. So much so the last time I stood in a trading floor half the staff were Malaysian Chinese! (in London). So malaysia generally only employs limited number if expats from overseas and these are sent in - usually very senior staff. In the past there were far moreand many married and settled here and run businesses. Btw it is still possible to get a job, just hard, takes 6 months in many cases and often the pay is low this way. I know one person who did it as married to someone who moved here. Here pay was terrible - 5k min pay.

Good luck!