Mountain roads

I have a real issue with heights and have been known to nearly have a melt down on some roads in the tropics. We have not been to Costa Rica but I have some concern that this could be an issue. We are trying to decide about which coast, etc. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks, kate

Then don't live on the Caribbean side. The main road, and pretty much the only one, is a crazy drive over a jungle mountain that leaves me breathless at times! At least the highway on the Pacific side has guard rails. In all truth, you will have a hard time in Costa Rica if you do not like adventurous driving.  If you fly into Liberia and just stay in Guanacaste, you would be somewhat okay, but then you will be missing out of 90% of the country. You might want to consider Panama instead.
Good luck!

Thanks for your reply....   8-)

I live in Esterillos, on the Pacific Coast.  The roads here are flat and paved very well.  Most of the trip from here to Panama feels like we're on the highway back in Canada it's so nice.  I used to live in the Central Valley, and to be honest, it took a couple of months before I got comfortable with the snake roads up and down the mountains and I have no issues with heights.  :)

Thanks for you post. My niece tells me if we plan carefully, I will be fine...she spent several months in CR. We are getting really excited to visit!!!   kate