Putting Up Leaflets

Afternoon all,

Myself and a few fellow English teachers are wanting to offer our services as private tutors and I'm just wondering where the best places would be to advertise.

I know where I would do it back home but is there anywhere in Budapest we should avoid/consider?

Many thanks in advance :)

Hi,

I have always wondered about the legality of the photocopied-cellotaped ads everywhere, I can't help with those.

Asking permission to post your flier to school bulletin boards would be more classy (better get used to it, puns are part of Hungarian high literature). Also gives you valuable opportunities to interact with your target market.

szocske wrote:

Asking permission to post your flier to school bulletin boards would be more classy (better get used to it, puns are part of Hungarian high literature)

:-)

classy - so, classify for classics in classes...?
sorry, too many glasses ;>p

... of palinka?  :-)

Phil S. Stine wrote:

... of palinka?  :-)

'xatly..!

We've no intentions of illegally putting leaflets up...rather visiting various institutions/locations to put up with their permission :)

English teacher? Your grammar on this thread, and 'English-Hungarian Beginners Book', is appalling.

Danube75 wrote:

English teacher? Your grammar on this thread, and 'English-Hungarian Beginners Book', is appalling.

Consider the context in which I'm talking. How I talk on an informal internet forum is different to how I would communicate elsewhere.

However, thank you for your feedback.

Yorkshireman wrote:
Danube75 wrote:

Consider the context in which I'm talking. How I talk on an informal internet forum is different to how I would communicate elsewhere.

Why?

That's right, he's not teaching us good enough English by example for free! I want my money back! Oh, wait...

:-)

Back on topic: Schools. Elementary, High (gimnázium), even College/University (főiskola, egyetem)

Oh, and Treehugger Dan's!
You are widening his target market market afterall :-)

And libraries (könyvtár), maybe book shops (könyvesbolt) in general, they sell coursebooks so it's a win for them too.

Bit of a pedant that Danube bloke.

Thanks Szocske...we will definitely give Treehugger Dan's a try :)