Anti spam system & new rules

sorry i understand it very well. in future i will not do that mistake again. for my knowledge could you please inform me rules & regulation that has been set up in this social community. it will be more helpful to me be aware from spam & fraud.
thank you

Tell me what's required to reactive it again?

chat with your friend normal way. it will be automatically activate.

I am new here still don't have friends .. hope if there is any other solution.

i also new to here. better to add friends. they are really good. they will help you. it is the only way i know.

It's activated ... Thanks Admin :)

again again again again

how many minute?

faithman34 wrote:

how many minute?

2 points - take a look at your timelime - you'll see posts on this thread don's show up and don't count to your PM score.

You might also note quick pointless posts are discounted by the system so :D and other rubbish posts don't help your case.

Your answer - A lot of minutes, hours, days, months, years and eternity unless you become a useful member of the forum.

why logn time block? when unblock? thanks

Hi, how are you? I am also new here. I also have some problems with sending messages, and the only thing I wanted to do was writing 'thank you" to those that added me to their contact list (the same thank you message for all the people which is not a spam).

CAN you UNBLOCK ME NOW ?

can i write to my contacts now ???

Rigobert Sileu wrote:

CAN you UNBLOCK ME NOW ?

No, you have not read the very first post, if you had you would not be asking.

ewka wrote:

Hi, how are you? I am also new here. I also have some problems with sending messages, and the only thing I wanted to do was writing 'thank you" to those that added me to their contact list (the same thank you message for all the people which is not a spam).

Sending out the same message is spam.
You obviously have not taken the time to read nor understand the very first post in this thread that sets out what is required of you to be a new member.

Rigobert Sileu wrote:

can i write to my contacts now ???

NO !!

No, it is not. Sending unwanted messages (unsolicited) usually with a commercial aim, is a spam.

For example, if I send the same Christmas wishes to my friends (the same wishes to save the time) am I a scammer? Of course, not.
If I send the same resume to my potential employers, am I a scammer? Of course, not. Nobody writes a new resume every time they apply for a new job.
If I send the same short text to my friends, such as "How are you?" Am I a scammer? Of course, not.

Everybody does it sometimes to save the time, the aim of these messages is not commercial in nature plus they are wanted and expected by the receivers (spam is not wanted!!!)
Scammers are people who want to annoy, use, cheat people or do any other harm.

I will write here a definition of a spam from a dictionary:
Irrelevant or unsolicited messages sent over the Internet, typically to a large numer of users, for the purposes or advertising, phishing, spreading malware etc.

So, the key words here are: irrelevant or unsolicited ...... advertising, phishing, spreading malware etc.
So sending just a few normal messages to your new friends is not a spam, especially when they expect your answer, and if the aim of your message is just saying thank you (and I couldn't even copy a message when I tried, even though your rules say that after five times of copying and pasting the messages will be blocked). By the way, I read the rules.

Good that you (the moderators) are careful and that you don't want people to send unwanted messages to users, but, come on, don't throw the baby out with the bathwater and don't treat ordinary people unfairly.

Thank you!

ewka wrote:

No, it is not. Sending unwanted messages (unsolicited) usually with a commercial aim, is a spam.

For example, if I send the same Christmas wishes to my friends (the same wishes to save the time) am I a scammer? Of course, not.

Sounds nice but that wouldn't apply if you were sending random PMs looking for new friends as such messages would be spam.

Perhaps you could give us a rough outline of the message you were sending as your post suggests several possibilities, the Christmas explanation being unlikely in October.

It was just an example, it is clear from my post. No need to be sarcastic. The same as the example with the resume etc. I just wanted to write that sometimes we write  the same few messages (not hundreds) to save the time, even without copying and pasting.

The actual message I was sending:
hello, how are you, thank you for adding me to your contact list.

Where is a malicious aim (as it should be with a spam) in this message? Where is the commercial nature in this message? How can that message be unsolicited?
I wrote this long explanation in my previous post so you could see that calling ordinary people scammers is unfair, but if you don't see it, then there is not point in explaining more.
Thank you anyway and have a nice day.

Dear team

Think twice before calling ordinary and respectful people "scammers" and blocking them for no reason or on simple pretention basics

The system blocks those whose posts are deemed to be spam. Algorithms in the security system pick this up.
Most seem not to have read or understood what is required of them to become a contributing member Then complain about it.

Thank you! :)

hgot it im sorry

Hey!
How I can be able to send messages to my friends?

Fami Khan wrote:

Hey!
How I can be able to send messages to my friends?

By reading and understanding the very first post on this thread

Sorry for that, but how long I have to wait for my messages unblocking?

Fami Khan wrote:

Sorry for that, but how long I have to wait for my messages unblocking?

How long is a piece of string....

Perhaps participate on other sections of the forum with informative and topical posts. This will speed up the process. Waiting will not.

ok I was just trying to make a few friends b4 I come to kenya to test if Id like to live ther or not, did know not to send similar message

texjob wrote:

ok I was just trying to make a few friends b4 I come to kenya to test if Id like to live ther or not, did know not to send similar message

That's a great opportunity to start a new thread on the Kenya Forum and ask many questions, it will also reach more people and help others in the process.

How I can I unblock by myself

Prianshu Kakkar wrote:

How I can I unblock by myself

By reading and understanding the very first post on this thread.

Hello good day. I just moved to Dubai, looking for good friends to avoid depression due to loneliness.

okay , i understand , thank you :)

i totally get it , sometimes copy paste is just much easier, especially when you are tired :) LOL

Ali Murtaza wrote:

Hello good day. I just moved to Dubai, looking for good friends to avoid depression due to loneliness.

Then why not start a thread in the Dubai Forum or you can create a Meetup in the Community tap.

yea, atleast they should have given a clear warning from the beginning

Mkm002 wrote:

yea, atleast they should have given a clear warning from the beginning

You were given fair warning - When you joined the site you agreed to the rules of the Expat.com and ticked the box. If you failed to read the rules you only have yourself to blame. This is not a Free chat site. Your ever first ever post here is to complain, I don't think this site is for you then.

I believe you should be taking such comments as reviews from the users of the platform. I'm sorry though but the warning wasn't clear enough.

hi, can you please unblock my messages? so annoying, lol thank you :)

Leila999 wrote:

hi, can you please unblock my messages? so annoying, lol thank you :)

The simple answer is NO, you have not read the very post on this thread, or if you have you have failed to understand it. This is your 3rd post on this thread complaining, I am not sure what you are after?

Meet expats all over the world

OR