Anti spam system & new rules

saying good morning to more than 2 persons is spam in your opinion then! LOL

Alessandro_ITALY wrote:

Do you know them? But as you have only made 4 posts on the site I doubt they are your friends. So yes, that is classed as Spam.

I understand the system, and i dont send spam

Thanks

can anybody tell how to get a budget ticket after 9am?

qbutt wrote:

can anybody tell how to get a budget ticket after 9am?

No.
Because you have posted on the wrong section of the forum. Post in the Switzerland section.
You will need to give more details on the post too.

Alessandro_ITALY wrote:

Sure is !!

Read post #127

all I did was send the same message to a bunch of realtors as I was looking for an apartment and didn't feel like typing different messages each time. I read this post, participated in a forum with multiple genuine posts and I still can't send private messages. help me out please.

I must say the copy and paste rule is very annoying and inconvenient. If I'm sending the same message to multiple people it's because I'm looking for something and trying to keep my options open. there must be a better way to detect spam.

ashleylynne wrote:

I must say the copy and paste rule is very annoying and inconvenient. If I'm sending the same message to multiple people it's because I'm looking for something and trying to keep my options open. there must be a better way to detect spam.

The copy and paste rule is part of this forum and if it is not convenient for you then bad luck.
It has always been the rule here and always will be.

It is set up to detect spam and trolls and works extremely well.

Cut and paste may well be the norm on many other forums but not here.

If you do not wish to take the time to write each post and become a contributing forum member then you have the option to close your account.

Relax bro I'm just voicing my opinion. Don't have to get so triggered. I know why it's a rule but it's still annoying as it turns a simple search for an apartment (in my case) into spam. That's really irritating. They police this site too much and as I said there must be a better way to detect spam because this way is trash. Also wasn't talking to you at all as I was hoping to get some attention from the site administrators. Not you. Thanks.

ashleylynne wrote:

They police this site too much and as I said there must be a better way to detect spam because this way is trash

I recall the old days when you'd log on to a pile of total crap in your inbox, that included everything from great offers (scams), through girlfriend (and one boyfriend) wannabes, right to sex for cash offers.
Julien's rules have pretty much got the lot, something the long term members of this site are pretty happy about.

Your opinion isn't shared by the majority but you are free to express it. :)

As a note, the vast majority of people who post on this thread are spammers and scammers of one sort or another, most of the rest are looking for 'friends', mostly men looking for women.
You rarely see a poster on this thread with more than 10 posts, most just one or two.

There is a dedicated section of the forum for house searching, that being found at the top of this page "Housing".
You can post a free of charge wanted ad and look at offers posted by estate agents and so on.
You are allowed to post email addresses and/or telephone numbers in that section so you can be contacted directly.

ashleylynne wrote:

Relax bro I'm just voicing my opinion. Don't have to get so triggered. I know why it's a rule but it's still annoying as it turns a simple search for an apartment (in my case) into spam. That's really irritating. They police this site too much and as I said there must be a better way to detect spam because this way is trash. Also wasn't talking to you at all as I was hoping to get some attention from the site administrators. Not you. Thanks.

It may be an annoying rule to you but it works.
This site has over 2 million members with people joining every day so the forum needs a good system to control spam, trolls and other detritus that wish to simply join up and start sending out spam.

I am sure you would not like to receive unwanted messages from those type of people.

As for your statement that you were not talking to me, in fact your were, as I am a long term member of this forum who takes the time to ensure no undesirable types join up and upset members, answer members queries and help others, offer information and advice.  I am considered an asset by admin and take my unpaid position seriously.

If you wish to contact admin then simply click on 'contact us' at the bottom of this page.

Hi
Good Day
How can I unblock sending  message ?
Thanks

alirezarezareza110 wrote:

Hi
Good Day
How can I unblock sending  message ?
Thanks

This forum is not a blog site or message board where you simply join up and immediately start sending out unwanted unsolicited messages. Here on this forum you have to earn the right to have your system activated.

Read and understand the requirements to activate your pm system. This information is outlined in post #1 on this thread and has been answered many many other times here on this thread too.

If you do not take the time to read the requirements then you have no hope of activating your message system.

Once you have worked out how things work here then you are on your way to becoming a contributing member of this forum.

Thanks

i see!

Hi how are you doing?

Hi
Good Day
Please unblock me for sending  message ?
Thanks

Hi
Good Day
Please unblock me for sending  message ?
Thanks

You can find the answer here

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=23238

Sorry about that.  I understand.

Please unblock me so I can reply to ads.  Thank you.

Derek

I am new in this site and ignorant of the rule please how do i unblock my private message and how do i get to the forum.

Hi
Good Day
Please unblock me ,long time i cant send  any messages .
Thanks

Hi
Good Day
Please unblock me ,long time i cant send  any messages .
Thanks

Please take notice of what you have been told before. Only you can unblock the PM system and in order to do that, you have to participate in the country of your choice. Its no point in complaining in here because it won't count.

You have only made 3 posts and all have been on this thread. This site is for solving problems for Expats it's NOT a free chat site. Use Facebook for stuff like that.

Unfortunately , there are no logical reasons to block me .

What messages were you sending?

There is if you do not follow the rules of the site, as Fred says, what messages were you sending and to who?

Unfortunately there is.

You have not made the required number of posts to have your pm system activated. Any posts here do not count so forget those.

You need to make meaningful, informative posts on other sections of the forum.

If you have been trying to send out unwanted, unsolicited messages then this is classed as spam.

Get with the requirements or your time on this forum may be limited.

There is a difference between block and unlock.
New members have to post a significant amount of useful posts on the forum of their choice  (and NOT on this thread) to UNLOCK their pm system.
If you send out unsolicited messages to random people you don't know, and neither they know you, then you will be blocked. Another common fault is copy and paste.

Do you get it now?

Interesting. Thanks for the info.

I am sorry, I really understood your rules now. please kindly unblock my message.OK

Kelviny wrote:

I am sorry, I really understood your rules now. please kindly unblock my message.OK

You really do not understand the rules.

If you did then you would know that to activate your message system you have to post a certain number of times on other parts of the forum first.
Posts need to be informative and topical.
No silly one line posts.
No cut and paste as this will get you banned.
Posts here do not count towards getting your system activated.

Read through the many posts on this thread that explain how to activate you system. Read post #1 on this thread also.

No sending of unwanted messages once your system is activated.

Once you really do understand how the forum works then you may just be on your way to becoming a contributing forum member.

Thanks I am agree with the teams

MichaelsRebirth wrote:

My bad..... How do I really need to get active on the forum if my interests are not being discussed?

Starting discussions seems like a good idea.

Hi,
I'm sorry for my fault, as I'm new to this website din't know the rules.

Thanks,
Kamal

Sorry for that it is clear for me now thank u

thanks

the information was quite informative

OK, Now I  know.
I  am not a spammer, just a guy run around to give people opportunity.

EQHO Communications Ltd. wrote:

OK, Now I  know.
I  am not a spammer, just a guy run around to give people opportunity.

The forum's software works great for stopping spammers, sorry, guys giving opportunities.

I never send Spam. but im bloked

best regards

Share your expat experience and get in touch with other members

OR