Visiting Jordan

Dear Forums users,

I am visiting jordan with my four kids, 16, 12, 9 and 6 for 11 days during Easter 24/03-04/04, this year. Could anyone advise us as what to see in the whole of J...O...R..D..A..N. I am also looking for a cheap flat with hot water and some furnishings, mostly beds. We may have some sleeping bags just in case we get to go and spend time in the deserts.

On 25/03 we have plans to visit Jerusalem, Al Aqsa for two days, leaving 9 days to explore the Jordan. I am thinking of going to Egypt if I find a good deal.Please bear in mind that I am not a party person as beyond my principles.

Thanking in anticipation to all those who contribute their time to write on my thread.

Hi!
Check at the embassy if you can travel from Israel to Jordan. We went to Jordan 2 years ago and they told us if we ever went to Israel we couldn't go to Jordan. Anyhow we had great time there, we went to see Petra, Dead sea, Bethany beyond Jordan, Umm Qays, and a little bit of amman (shopping centers :) ).We rented a flat and I recommend doing so. At that time they were cheap.
Have a good time!

Don't forget Wadi Rum and Aqaba. Heads up! Do not hesitate to haggle anything and beware of people who may like to take advantage of foriengers. If you look like you are not from Jordan, you will pay more for taxi service. Find a local and pay them to find you the best deals on flats and travel to Egypt. It could save you lots of money in the long run.

Salaam aleikom Flowerinjannah

The places that you MUST see are: Jerash, Dead sea and Madaba, Petra, Wadi Rum and Aqaba. For the other places this can be optional :D

Keep in mind that when you leave Jordan to visit Jerusalem you have to pay 10 JD p.p (departure tax)and when you want enter Jordan again, you have to pay again visa, 20 JD p.p

Ahlan wa Sahlan to Jordan and I hope that your visit will be a time of  joy.

Do you know at what time you will stay here like you planned before?

marinal wrote:

Hi!
Check at the embassy if you can travel from Israel to Jordan. We went to Jordan 2 years ago and they told us if we ever went to Israel we couldn't go to Jordan. Anyhow we had great time there, we went to see Petra, Dead sea, Bethany beyond Jordan, Umm Qays, and a little bit of amman (shopping centers :) ).We rented a flat and I recommend doing so. At that time they were cheap.
Have a good time!

Many thanks for the advice.

Hello Primadonna,

Hope you ok, by grace of Allah/God/Almighty. Thank you for your advice. I would like to meet you and your husband in Amman if we can..It would be really nice indeed to introduce you to my family...including my husband from MAAAAAAAAAN.

Hows things on your side?

I shall be landing at 6.00 p.m. Easy jet on 24/03 and return on 04/04, if thats what you asked.

Regards,
Rehana

For the issue of visiting Israel, my friend from UK has just been to Israel  on her own with her daughter. There was some interrogation as per their tight security rules. However, as advised by the travel agent we will ask them to stamp the visa on a separate paper and not on our passports, for they are definitely an obstacle when acquiring visa for Umrah and Hajj.....

I would also like to know about places to visit in Israel as well, apart from the Al Aqsa mosque.....

My kids are interested in swimming and outdoor activities so are there any suitable activities?

Regards,
flowerijannah

Ahlan wa Sahlan Flowerinjannah,

If you can schedule your visit to my family, it will be very nice.:D
I love to meet you and your kids.
I am fine indeed, study arabic at the university of Jordan...

If you want to go to Umrah or Hajj after your visit to Israel and there are problems with the KSA autorities, then it is good advise to stamp the visa on a separate paper.

Your kids can swim at the Dead Sea and Aqaba.
The public swimmingpool Amman Waves is not open yet at your time of arrival. Some five stars hotels have an inside swimmingpool.
I am not sure if this only for their guests.
For outdoor activities there is not much to do here...:/

What I mean is at what time you want to move to Jordan.

hey,,hw much r u willing to pay per day ?? maybe i know a good place

Primadonna wrote:

That is just not true. Going out to sites every week! Just need to know where to go and investigate!

bdutch wrote:
Primadonna wrote:

That is just not true. Going out to sites every week! Just need to know where to go and investigate!

Outdoors for kids is difficult to find here, you have to agree with me.
Visiting sites is another thing.

Plenty of hiking trails and wadi walks are suitable for kids.

Thanks for your suggestion Bdutch.

wht type of activities u r intersted in ?

Marinal ofcourse u can travel back to Jordan if youve been to Isreal. I dont know where you get your information from.

Ohh. Ok,. Mmm.. my plan is to bring kids for a small holiday and for an insight .into what cud they study apart from arabic as son jus finished few gcses and memorizing 23 ch of al quran,. For my girls..my main focus will be finding any arabic school for their oral skills,.later they can resume their English science and maths..to me Islamic education comes first...duniya comes second.

I am arriving in jo on 24/03 @6.00, leaving for Israel on 25/03, returning to Amman on 27/03. So we can arrange a family meeting anytime u prefer thereafter, any place u want. I wanted to know the options for my son., aged 16, coz ur mr, mentioned about higher education being conducted using English as a medium to delivery the lessons.
If they find it suitable..to stay..I plan to move around october this year as my job contract is till September this year..Insha Allah but the final decision rests with my boss, my husband.

Let me know if ur husband agrees to meet us, of course with my lovely Maa'ni husband ....accompanying me all the time in whilst in  al urdun..

My kids would  like hiking, camel riding, some activities in aqaba port and visit to the various landmarks in amman, petra, wadi rum, jerash etc..
Thanx for all the replies
Rehana