Transactions Advisory Services Salary in Bahrain ??

Hello Everyone,

I'm about to get an offer from a tier 2 firm just below the big 4 firms in terms of size. The firm is into Accounting, Financial Services, M&A Advisory, Corporate Finance and Consultancy.

I have a B.E. in Electronics Engineering and MBA in Investment Management, both qualifications from reputed universities in London. Plus I have one year experience working as M&A Analyst in Europe. I have UK citizenship.

Please anyone could help me to know the salary for entry level Transactions Advisory Services position in Manama.

What other benefits should I ask the firm (travel, medical, accommodation, etc) ???

I really appreciate the help of people who will reply to my post in advance.

Thank You

Regards,
Sunil

Hello Sunil,

Welcome to the forum. You have posted a similar topic earlier and it didn't get any response so far. Instead of posting a similar topic again, it would have been more useful if you have provided further information on your first post, maybe as a comment. That way, you would have bumped the topic.

I really looked for the information online for finding out the average salary for Transactional Advisory Services, however I wasn't able to find this information. I hope someone in the forum will be able to help you on that.

However with regards to the other information you are asking about the benefits, I would recommend ensuring you get the following additional benefits:
- Accommodation allowance: This is either paid as cash on top of your basic salary, or you live in a company provided accommodation. But ensure you have one or the other.
- Medical insurance: Definitely
- Travel allowance / car allowance: There is very minimal public transport in Bahrain. If you don't drive, you will pretty much have to use taxis, which are expensive. So you can ask for a car allowance, or travel allowance which can be paid as cash on top of your basic salary.
- Flights home: Usually companies pay for your flights home at least once year. The class of the flight depends on your seniority within the company. And again, some companies have fixed amount for this that you can claim once a year, or you show them the receipt and they pay you back.
- Club membership: Sometimes companies have certain amount of money you can claim for your club membership annual fee. This could be a gym membership, or any other club membership. This additional allowance is not commonly found, but some companies do offer it.

I hope this helps.

Hi Brightonguy,

The job involves doing business valuations, financial modeling, due diligence, financial statements analysis, investment analysis, arranging equity or debt funding for businesses through investors, mergers & acquisitions, etc. Its basically advising businesses in anything they require like investment strategy, M&A, funding, market entry, feasibility studies, etc.

Your reply at least gave me an idea of other benefits that I should talk about with the firm.

If you get an idea of the salary from my reply about the duties involved in the job, please do let me know.

Thank You

It all depends on the seniority within the company, but by the sound of your description, I'd go for somewhere between 2,500 / 4,000BD basic a month + allowances...

PM me if you want to dive into numbers (e.g. your current salary etc.)

Don't forget Bahrain is a tax-free country so what you're offered is what you end up having in your bank account.

Hi Brightonguy,

I have experience in internships for a year.

The company is Grant Thornton Bahrain who is going to offer me the job. Transactions Advisory would be an entry level position for me along with all the duties I mentioned I will have to perform. Some of these duties I have performed during internships. This job will take me a step ahead and do more with more responsibilities. I might also need to start Chartered Accountancy Training which the firm will put me on and support me in doing it. Transactions advisory requires a lot of analysis of financial statements indepth, so accountancy knowledge is necessary.

I have worked on those duties during my internship. During internships I earned about GBP 1200 per month net (700BD).

So how much should I look to ask to them ?

Well, I really wouldn't want to be the reason of you not getting the job just because you asked too much or too little, but I still would stick to a figure around 2,000BD (no less then 1,500 BD).

You can also ask them to give you an offer rather than you telling them how much you want. Sometimes this works better.

Entry level TAS, without a CA or ACCA qualification you should expect about 1200BD inclusive of all allowances (housing, car, medical) plus one return flight to UK per year.