2 BHK flat/villa in Buraimi

Hello all,

I am from India and will be moving to University of Buraimi next week. Can anyone give me an idea on the average rent for a 2BHK flat/villa near the University. Will it be possible to get a decent accommodation for RO 150-200? I will be coming alone initially and later my family (wife and 2 kids) join me.

Thanking you in advance.

Hi noushadoptom and in advance welcome to Oman :)

Of course it would be possible to find accommodation with the said budget.

I just moved to Muscat recently as well and in the process of finding a decent accommodation. There is a huge variety of apartments around; however the quality of the building, the neighborhood, and the proximity to amenities do affect on the rental rate. This is what I saw in Muscat so far but do not know how is it in Sohar; I hope some of the active members living over there can assist with some valuable information in this respect.

All the best with the move :)

Thanx very much bro.
Looking forward to someone from Buraimi to post some comments. I do believe that the rental will be different in Buraimi compared to Muscat.

Hi Noushad.. did u get the employment visa ? Its liverpoollfc of mohe ckearance post

Still waiting. But, they assured that if at all the employment visa is not ready by the time of my travel, they would send me a visit visa. So, waiting for that.

Thats.good .. i am still waiting for mohe clearance for the past three weeks and the hr still do not know how long it gona take for mohe clearance. I m confused i did asked them for cisit visa but they said its not a right option in my case as its only for 3 weeks.

I take it that you are living in Buraimi now.  Can you tell me about your experience finding a home and working at the university.  I am interested in working for UoB.

Hi
I have been in Buraimi for the past 3 months. The working environment in the university is also good. Many options for accommodation are available near to and within 3km radius of the university. We may get an unfurnished 2-3 BHK flat for 100-140 RO. Food items too are not that costly. We have one big shopping mall (LuLu Hypermarket) where we get almost everything...vegetables to furniture and 2-3 other super markets too.

I hope this would help.

Are there outdoor markets selling vegetables cheaper than the supermarket in Buraimi?
Do you know if there's an Indian or Pakistani school or both in Buraimi?

Hi
There are many small shops available where you can get vegetables for daily usage.
One Indian school upto 8th grade is available.  Apart from that there's one International school - Tawam international school - which has the provision upto 6th grade.
Another option is Saraa private school. Expats can enrol their children in any if these schools. Tawam and saraa schools run IGCSE (Cambridge) curriculum,  whereas Indian school has CBSE syllabus.

I think would help.

Thanks for the info. Very helpful Are you sure the school is only to grade 8, not grade 10? Do you know if many children cross the border for school? Any idea of school fees, by chance? Do you have to be at work outside your class hours?

The Indian school here was started very recently only after the border crossing was restricted and its getting tougher and tougher to cross the border for kids.The schools in al-ain are not accepting any fresh admission for oman visa holders.

In future,  more grades are expected and have to be available. School fees will be between 80-120 riyals a month depending upon the school you choose. Academic year begins in September except in indian school;  there it starts in April. If you are planning to enrol your kids here, make sure that you carry their educational documents attested and bring their vaccination certificates also with you.

Hi, I am new Jordanian in suhar I used to live in CT,USA and I am looking for a flat mate or rent an apartment,I came yesterday there is a lots of options , I am young Prof. teaching at the University, if you interested or you know some one looking for a flat mate please contact me at cell: 9649 4329 email: ahmad[at]abushakra.net

Thank you

Ahmad