Ex pat families living outside santiago

If you are a expat family living outside santiago can you please share were you live, what has been your experience relocating to chile like.  If you have children how have then adapted.  what has the application process been like for school admissions. any and all information would be appreciated.  I am interested in the area of concepcion.

thank you

connie

i hope you get some info. I would love to know the same information

Maybe AllChile.  Net or  Chile Connections could also be helpful

My boyfriend and I have lived in the "CAMPO" for about a year ... i dont work so i was home all day didnt speak any spanish... it was well TERRIBLE but we have some friends with kids who like it much better than the city ( you can get HUGE garden with pool for the price of an 2room apartement in the city) so its even better for the kids (as they would say) let me know when u are planing to live exactly and i will ask for you about that place and how is the life there

Greetings all in Chile.  I've been using expat-blog for a few years, trying to nail down a place to retire.  The Belize and Ecuador blogs were fabulous resources. We visited, but decided they weren't for us.  We are now trying to gather info. on Chile -- particularly Valpo and Vina del Mar, but these Chile strings do not seem to be nearly as active.  Are there any expats happily (or not!) living in these areas who can help fill us in?  Thanks much!

Hi,

Are you happier in Chile now?  Hopefully so.

My daughter and our four rescued animals are moving to Chile soon.  I'm wondering about where I can rent a small house with a little yard or patio so that our rabbits and chickens can scratch around.  I will be going to school in Providencia for awhile...

All the best,

Carol

Hi Carol,

I suggest you to post an advert in the Housing in Valparaiso, this could help.

All the best :)

David.