Looking to move to the Philippines?

Im trying to find any information on living in the philippines, I don't know much about this country but I am looking for a quiet town or village to live in which would have all amenities, rent must be low and it must be fairly easy to live there. Any information would be helpful..
Yours
Sean

Hello Sean.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

If you have specific questions, do not hesitate to ask them.

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hello Sean,
I would advice you to write down the specific place you wanted to stay.
The type of living and the environment.
I'm from Mindanao and in Luzon at the moment. I'd been to Cebu and Samar.
Almost all places in Philippines is the same, you have the urban an rural area.
There are undevelop provinces sorrounded by beaches and mountains covered by coconuts, but food are expensive expecially vegetables :-)
Develop province with small cities that is sorrounded by mountains-food prices are fair, cheap vegetables :-)
Big cities

Perhaps I can help you more if you can decide which geographical area of Phil you want to stay.
Goodluck
HT

sjmoran096 wrote:

Im trying to find any information on living in the philippines, I don't know much about this country but I am looking for a quiet town or village to live in which would have all amenities, rent must be low and it must be fairly easy to live there. Any information would be helpful..
Yours
Sean

hi i m jolly i m also planning to move to manila i wanted to know how to migrate in the country with my husband and to kids pls help me in this

And the big question always is how are you going to support yourselves?  What is your source of income?  Do you expect to work in the Philippines?

where in philippines do you prefer?

hi brother i am from the philippines, there are many places here that suitable for you. i'm from cebu from bantayan island to be specific. bantayan is one of the nice place to stay there nice place, nice people, nice food very fresh. low rate.

best regards,
roy

There are so many things when moving to a new culture.  The biggest thing I can suggest you do is read,read,read, and when done read some more. Do not have visions of a place that is all wonderful. Each country no matter where has its draw backs.  I wrote an article called Expat 101.    This has 19 tips that will help you adjust prior to getting ready for the big move.  Also look at other blogs.  There is a ton of information and they vary from writer to writer.  I wish you the best and if you have questions please ask.  Many of us have lived here for years and many are Filipinos.

Hi Sean,

My name is Mary Ann and I live in the Philippines. I'm in General Santos City to be specific. I know I will sound bias but I would encourage you to consider living here in our city. You can read more blogs about General Santos City online.

Sorry if this sounds like an advert, cause it's what I do. But sound financial advice is vital, it's amazing the number of people that could have more secure / higher incomes with just a little advice. I am available but there are others advisors and companies too.

hi all im very interested into this, im looking for advise, help etc etc i prefer skype contacts, to actually speak with any up for that ?

Presently i am in Taguig which is near Manila.I have also just been to Cavite and to Taal Volcano in Tagaytay.Am leaving for Bohol next week.This is my first visit and arrived a week ago.May i suggest that you come and look for yourself,as that will ease your mind.When you visit,then you will understand what i mean.

Magandang gabi to you all ^^ You can call me Vladimir or Rafael it is a pleasure to meet you all. :)

I personally wish to live in the Philippines as soo nas i finish m ystudy since i am in love with a filipina. Every filipino friend is welcome :)

My future wife lives in Bocaue in Bulacan and works in Quezon City so i think about working in Metro Mnaila. On the other hand she wish to find a job here in Poland so i try to meet filipinos here. They could help us too i gues.

ow youre here..i will go to cebu on march see u there

dkcape wrote:

Presently i am in Taguig which is near Manila.I have also just been to Cavite and to Taal Volcano in Tagaytay.Am leaving for Bohol next week.This is my first visit and arrived a week ago.May i suggest that you come and look for yourself,as that will ease your mind.When you visit,then you will understand what i mean.

ohh you are here im going to cebu this march.. first week see u if u will go there too

Surrealtjuh wrote:

hi all im very interested into this, im looking for advise, help etc etc i prefer skype contacts, to actually speak with any up for that ?

janice.licup  is my skype

sjmoran096 wrote:

Yours
Sean

hi sean..im working at ortigas..and im helping my friends to rent out there unit..i can give info in rentals there..if you need to know..but im not expecting you to rent there..infos might help you.  janice.licup is my skype