Multi-entry or not?

Hi,

we are new to Philippines and currently live in Davao. It's nice here :)

Anyway, when we came to Philippines we all (me, my husband and our little kiddo) received a 21 visa stamp in our passports, then when time had come we extended them for 39 more days at the Immigration Office. So next extension is due on the 2nd of march for my husband and 16th for me and the little one.
Here comes a question: We have to leave to Bali on the 2nd of march for 9 days, so when we come back to Philippines, do we need to start the process again from receiving a 21 day visa or is it possible to enter the country with the extended beforehand visas?

To cut the long story short: Are these visas multi-entry or not?

Thank you all in advance for the help :)

Maria

Hello Maria.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Hope yu'll be helped by other members soon.

Thank you,
Aurélie

yes  you start over  every time you leave  and  come  back on tourist visa

Yeah Maria, I think that's the case.  The Philippines doesn't seem very accommodating on the 'visa' issue for foreigners.  I think I heard that even if a guy marries a Filipina, he still can reside here permanently.

I stayed here for almost two years....every friggin' two months going to do Immi in Manila and plopping down my 3,500 pesos.  I officially found a job now where my boss says he's put in an application for some other type of visa that's more permanent and more flexible.

I will also comment that I've found the people at Immi in Manali to be pretty nice though.

I hear Camobdia is a lot easier on long term visa issues.  And Chile too.

Regards,
Art

Howdy y'all,

I thought I read somewhere the same thing that is a guy marries a Filipina he can apply for a permanent resident type of visa. Does anyone know anything ab this or where I might find the information again or maybe a new spot?

A little background; I am planning a visit hopefully in May to qualify for the marriage visa to bring my future wife to the states for a while and then hope to move my Dad, myself and my new wife to Malaybalay City.

It has been hard for me to find anyone that has done this, and I keep finding what appear to be circles or loops that I get stuck in when trying to get info on the web.

Thanks ahead of time. I really am looking forward to learning from this community.

Todd

well you can get perm. residence when your married to Filipina 13A  visa, it is  better to get married in the  Philippines than when your in USA you can get the 13A  perm resident visa there, if  you do it  here you get Temp the  first  year  than later  get the  perm.

Okieboy wrote:

well you can get perm. residence when your married to Filipina 13A  visa, it is  better to get married in the  Philippines than when your in USA you can get the 13A  perm resident visa there, if  you do it  here you get Temp the  first  year  than later  get the  perm.

Thank you for the response Okieboy.

I may be misunderstanding what you said.

Is it better to marry on the US or PI?

Did you mean to say that if we get married in the states that I can only get the temp visa first or if we get married in PI I can get the perm visa first?

If we get married here and in fact I have to get the temp visa first how much of a problem is it to get the perm after the first year?

Did you use a cargo container to ship your goods to PI? If so, who did you use to do the shipping?

Thanks ahead of time for you answer and I am sorry if I misunderstood your post.

Todd

if  you get your 13A visa here in the  Philippines you get one  year  temporary than after one year you apply for  perm, if  you apply for  your 13A in USA it is  perm no temporary, i did not  ship very much here only a  few  boxes i bought  everything else here furniture, TV and  so on

13A is  no problem just  some paper work you can get local lawyer if you don't want the trouble  of collecting the  paper work