Arriving Saigon Friday 8th February

Hi All,
         I have been in Phan Rang for 4 Months working as a consultant engineer, i am travelling to Saigon on the 8th February 2013. I have only been once before for a flying visit. This time i will stay for around a week and would like some ideas on places to visit.
I love music and i dont travel without my guitar (Sweet Strings), she is my lover, best friend and companion lol.

Kind Regards.

You might have a little difficulty finding a room in which to play your guitar, given that it is Tet.

And things will be quieter, for a few days, than usual. Hotel restaurants are often open, if you can't find street facing restaurants. Cho Lon is always open for eating.

(Sweet Strings), she is my lover, best friend and companion

That's a new one. I've heard of blow up plastic dolls and manikins being used, but never a guitar. Must be painful negotiating the strings ....

she has curves in all the right places and its a sensual thing not sexual. Where is the resteraunt you say is allways open?
Just want to get to know district 1 as i aim to come up every 3 or 4 weeks while i am here in Vietnam.

Wow. I never thought anyone would decribe his instrument like that!

That's a good one Jaitch! lol. I also think he has to establish his relationship with his guitar along with string attached.

Oh Jesus, you guys wouldnt be American or Australian now would you. lol.

@Krisby wrote:

she has curves in all the right places and its a sensual thing not sexual. Where is the restaurant you say is always open?
Just want to get to know district 1 as i aim to come up every 3 or 4 weeks while i am here in Vietnam.

Nhu Lan Restaurant and Delicatessen is open 22 hours each day (04.00H-02.00). Food regulations require it to close during cleaning periods BUT the dli can always produce something - as long as you want to sit down. It is located right opposite TP HCM's tallest building on Ham Nghi Street.

Although the kitchen closes at 22.00H the delicatessen has banh mi and barbecued meats, etc., available 24/7. It is closed at this time until immediately after the Tet holiday.

It has a second branch on Hai Ba Trung Street, just above Vo Thi Sau, but this is their food processing plant and has a deli in front.

I knew they were not Viets, i wanted to speak to Non Viets thats why i am on an expat site??????? And stop with the WARNINGS thats rude.

Ok thanks for that. appreciate you taking the time.