IPhone 5 from STC

I recently bought an iPhone 5 from STC for a 1 year contract . Its working pretty good but I will be travelling in a week to china for a business trip and just wanted to know if I could use a local carrier like china mobile from there as roaming charges are very high and I will be there for more than a week . Any help will be highly appreciated .

technofreak93 wrote:

I recently bought an iPhone 5 from STC for a 1 year contract . Its working pretty good but I will be travelling in a week to china for a business trip and just wanted to know if I could use a local carrier like china mobile from there as roaming charges are very high and I will be there for more than a week . Any help will be highly appreciated .

What kind of help do you want exactly? You just have to touch down, buy a china mobile SIM and insert it. The phone will work.

No iPhones sold in KSA are carrier locked. You can take them to any part of the world and they'll boot up.

I hope I answered your question :)

Lol why would I even think about selling it , thanks for the offer though :)

Thanks a lot for that info . It's just that the iPhone asked for the stc sim to activate the phone and did not activate without it . I had a regular sim , the people at stc were offering the nano sim but I did not want to lose my contacts so I did not get the new sim as they were asking me to return the old sim . Anyway , thanks a lot , I really appreciate it and I'd like to say that this is the best forum I've ever visited .

There is a service wherein all your contacts are automatically sent a memo about a change of your mobile number. The provider does that for a fee. Try it.

I have purchased iphone5 online thru ebay. the iphone is locked under T-Mobile Network.. I wanted to unlock this iphone so I can use it in Saudi Arabia.. I used STC Simcard to activate it but it appears that the simcard is not valid. Anyone who can advise me how to activate so i can used it here? Thank you in advance..

i believe that there are many shops are interested in jailbreak or hacking sim cards. Go to Rahmania and check, many phone shops are there...