Gaelic football in lille

After looking for a website and/or a way to get in touch with Irish people living in Lille, I only found this website (expat-blog) as a possible means to get in touch with Irish people living in the North of France.
As a matter of fact, non-Irish people could be interested too!

Here's the reason why I am writing this message: we are trying to set up a gaelic football club in Lille and so far we cannot possibly say it is a big success. An Irishman kindly comes to cast an Irish light on our practice, but we are looking for more players!
If you guys like gaelic football -- whether you like it really much or not, if your sporty (or not), if you want to spend some time playing this wonderful sports with people in Lille, get in touch with me!

Hello pieter-sa.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Can you please post an advert in the Activities section in the Lille classifieds?

Thank you,
Aurélie

Sure, thanks for the piece of advice!

Hi, did you manage to get a team set up? I am moving to Lille in Sept, crap at gaelic but would like to meet Irish ones

Hi all,

We actually do have a team set up now, we're playing in the national championship, and we're training every thursday at 19:00 very near the 4 Cantons metro station.
Feel free to try it, we'd be glad to welcome new people !
For more info here's the FB page: Click for Lille's GAA FB Page!
And here is the blog: lille-football-gaelique.blogspot.fr

Manu