Some people in their twenties here ?

Hi everyone !
I'm about to be an expat in Tripoli, though I'm quite young. So I'd like to know if by any chance there were expat people around my age to talk about the city, life there, etc...

Please note that this message is absolutely not an act of racism about people over 29... Just an attempt to get information ^^

what about half way through 30 :D

Jack3144 wrote:

Hi everyone !
I'm about to be an expat in Tripoli, though I'm quite young. So I'd like to know if by any chance there were expat people around my age to talk about the city, life there, etc...

Please note that this message is absolutely not an act of racism about people over 29... Just an attempt to get information ^^

Ageist b*stard :lol: I am 42 but act like I am about 20 does that count ? ;)

Clansman wrote:
Jack3144 wrote:

Hi everyone !

Ageist b*stard :lol: I am 42 but act like I am about 20 does that count ? ;)

Well it does. Personnally I'm supposed to be 22 but I still act like I'm 17, sometimes less...

It seems there are several juvenile 40somethings frequenting this board..:lol:

I couldn't read what you just wrote 'cause I was thinking about Spiderman

Im sure there are several

Hi young man , ok you want to know about young ppl life here ,
infact its depend upon which kind of friends you have her e

we have wild guys here and quit guys two

the young guys spending most of thier times playing football, watching football , drinkink cafee in evening and looking for girls lol

and at midnight some guys gathering to have alcoholic drink (me) lol,
others spend thier times in houses  with thier families

but mostly in tripoli , most guys have thier farms where they go for having fun away from police eyes

i think tripoli life is so nice , and its very difficult for foreign to find that , because they don't have close contact with young guys here because of language issues

Hi!! Gonna be in June at Tripoli... working for an oil and gas company. Im 23 and would like to meet people of my age, and people older or younger as well of course, and of course expats girls!! Im still wondering how im gonna survive without alcohol!!! So lets keep in touch!

Hi!! Im 23 and here 3weeks... Working with a construction company.. Liking it so far... Only been in Tripoli once, living just outside the city..

So this is the kind of thing I wish I checked when I moved out to Tripoli! Not the most suitable place for a single 22 year old female who knew nothing about the country. Now 24, I live back in England but you have to make Libya what you will, nothing falls in to your lap, you have to work hard at having fun and finding friends. There wasn't a very young community there but there definitely were great friends to be made. You'll have to adapt to the 'Flash' or 'boha' (almost pure ethanol but a must have). Just beware, excessive consumption causes killer two day hangovers and possible blindness, and very strange dreams!
I taught out there so had an immediate community of expats but very important to make friends outside of the usual circle...Get to know people that work for the embassy as that gets you in to the Oasis, and real alcohol. The beaches are great, weather was fab and there are some amazing places to go visit (Leptis Magna, Sabratha, the Sahara Desert). You'll have a blast but make sure you make that extra bit of effort to get to know new people otherwise you'll struggle out there! Hope some of this helps :)

redsaraya wrote:
LeBravo wrote:

Hi!! Gonna be in June at Tripoli... working for an oil and gas company. Im 23 and would like to meet people of my age, and people older or younger as well of course, and of course expats girls!! Im still wondering how im gonna survive without alcohol!!! So lets keep in touch!

...oh, sweet & naive 23...what a beautiful age that was : )
i hate to break it up to you mate, but here life is about work.
at 23 with an expat salary you should be thinking on saving for when you go home.  the words "expat girls" and alcohol don't click here, perhaps you should think about relocating or the carnival...here it is a carnival all year around : )

Well at least there is Malta... gonna figure a way out!! I hope so!!

Oh don't worry, you can get hold of alcohol!

i have been sober for *ching ching ching* - 5 months!
I miss my baileys.

"Baileys " is easy to make. ;)

Oh nice to find young ppl! am 24 and work in an IT company... See you soon in Tripoli!

Oh 24... sure its my age but a case would be nice too... mmmm 24..... I miss walking out of the beer store with it in my hands hearing that beautiful chinging noise of the bottles gently tapping up against eachother with every foot step.

ahhhhh

If anyones interested I do alot of spear fishing here its a great time. There are alot of great sites to goto, I occasionally go out at night time as well. Even if you dont like eating fish its an awesome sport and something to keep you busy on fridays! haha we should start a club!

Your welcome to join our crew for some hang outs just give a shout.

Oh yeah I know my last post may seem like I was imposing the idea of killing fish for fun and not eating them... but noooo nooo noooo. Its fun! sure, but! I will eat the fish ppl dont want to eat no problem! haha

Peace.

Hello CanadianTurkey,

I would be interested to try this out. I just wonder, do you have to scuba dive while spearfishing, or can you just spearfish from the surface of the water? I am certified diver but I am just curious to know more about the activity. Also, what types of fish do you usually get? Tuna I presume? Anything else?

Cheers

Jack3144, claiming that prejudice has nothing to do with your post while asking those poor baby boomers to stay out of it is like calling a frenchman a cheese-eatin surrender monkey while giving him a friendly hand shake.

Welcome aboard brother :D

I always wanted to dive, it must be cool as hell. But never had the chance to do a diving course here in Rio, the course itfeslf and the gear are a bit expensive. Looking forward to develop this activity in Tripoli, gonna have plenty of time.

Let's go Spear Fishing then! Used to fish back home with a bamboo stick as a fishing rod and frogs as bait.

Mudman, do please share your precious knowledge on DIY baileys!

So lets do it!

if you dont want eat your fish, i will be glad to eat it all :)

aelbadawy is gonna eat all your fish for you folks. way to go aelbadawy :D

i mean the fish u get from the water!

LeBravo wrote:

I always wanted to dive, it must be cool as hell. But never had the chance to do a diving course here in Rio, the course itfeslf and the gear are a bit expensive. Looking forward to develop this activity in Tripoli, gonna have plenty of time.

Not here it isn't mate, a 3/4 length wetsuit of very good make 55LYD about £27 !!! That would cost nearer 400-500LYD back home. My mate (you know who you are !!) reads this board, is a trained PADI dive instructor (I think) and enjoys spear fishing. Oh yes the dive shops are down by the fish market facing the sea.

I think This whole fishing thing totally swayed the original post! IM IN MY 20's!!! ROCK ON!

I'm 28! crib is in Gargaresh near Qurtuba Gym....

Welcome!
I'm in my late 20s...
First you will feel very bored here..
But once u get over it.
You mind will black out.. haha
Anyways wish we, all young people, could meet up one day.