Electricity cost

Hi there

Does anyone know how much electricity costs - kWH in HCMC?  I have a separate meter for my flat so I'm able to monitor usage. I've been told it's 3000 VND but I'm charged 5000 VND

Thanks

Not sure about the rates in Saigon but in Bien Hoa the rates are tiered. I just looked at my last electric bill and the first 100 KW were 1350 and the second 40 KW were 1545. I know things are not as expensive here as in Saigon but 3000-5000 seems pretty high. Are you receiving your bill directly from EVN?

Thanks for taking time to respond... I should have explained further. I live in an apartment but there's a business downstairs, so I'm not quiet sure if I'm being billed residential or business rates...even though I have a separate meter.

I don't use an air con at all...the flat is big and natural ventilation is adequate. I use about 2500 to 3000 units a month.I think this is a bit high, seeing I'm never home. I have a gas stove, use a fan and ironing now and then, we'll and hot water

Just need to know if this is out of the norm or not.

Thanks again

Hi guy!
For the prices i think impossible to comment (Because you have agree with land lord in the contract)
For the total kw it is too hight for a private flat, i think the kw meter gone... so it calculated wrong so you need to ask your landlord to change the new one and request which one still have Quatest 3 sealing.
Cheers!

Xaba wrote:

Thanks for taking time to respond... I should have explained further. I live in an apartment but there's a business downstairs, so I'm not quiet sure if I'm being billed residential or business rates...even though I have a separate meter.

I don't use an air con at all...the flat is big and natural ventilation is adequate. I use about 2500 to 3000 units a month.I think this is a bit high, seeing I'm never home. I have a gas stove, use a fan and ironing now and then, we'll and hot water

Just need to know if this is out of the norm or not.

Thanks again

Sounds like someone tapped into your meter. Flip the breaker off when you leave for the day.

The most I have ever used is 225 KW and that is when my girlfriend was home from school for the month watching soap operas all day. I only use the electric for fridge, hot water, computer, tv, and a couple of fans myself so I know I am on the low side of usuage but yours seems pretty high.

You should be getting a bill directly from EVN. It is illegal to resell electricity but many landlords do.

There was a rate increase of about 5% last month but your bill is very high.  I got a 4 page booklet from EVN showing different rates for different times of day, the price for the first 100 KW, etc.  I could send it to you if you like.

Residential electricity rates for 2013 are approximately VND4000-5000/KWH.

IT IS A CRIMINAL OFFENCE TO RESELL ELECTRICITY - all electricity can ONLY be sold  by EVN or it's associates such as HO CHI MINH CITY POWER CORPORATION (EVN-HCMC).

Current residential rates, with VAT, are:
1413 (100kWH),  1603 (next 50kWH), 2028 (next 50kWH), 2197 (next 50kWH), 2351 (next 50kWH),  2412 (infinity).

I am using a condominium as an office complete with two InterNet servers (24/7), 4 laptop computers (24/7) room fans (24/7), lighting (LED) (24/7) and instant water heater. Total monthly consumption under 300kWH.

There is a special rate for poor/low income families (under 100kWH/month).

I have a interest in a laser and water-cutting operation in Cho Lon and our monthly bill is around USD$60 (including power factor multiplier).

Electricity rates are identical across the country.

Want to know when the power is going to be cut?
Check: < http://english.hcmpc.com.vn/customer/tintuc.aspx >,
< http://www.evn.com.vn/vi/home.aspx >.

@Xaba:
If you are being charged for 3000+ units per month, someone is stiffing you and it isn't EVN. ASK EVN TO CHANGE YOUR METER There is a breaker on the meter - use it and see who complains!

The information on the HCMC Power Corp. site is for 2010.

catsophat wrote:

http://english.hcmpc.com.vn/customer/ti … x?id=18955
They have updates till 2012. Typical Vietnamese.
Lack of attention to details and webpage design  :|

@catsophat wrote:

I am not responsible for updating the EVN-HCMC web site. There are two web sites with the data.

Power outage times are published in .PDF format and the link is valid, as is the data.

You can subscribe to an e-mail/SMS service, as most of industry does, and they will advise you when a power outage is scheduled. Scheduled power cuts usually start around 08.00H and last until 17.00H.

The water levels are low this year, in the mountains that is, and therefore power cuts will increase. Coal prices (for northern VN) have increased, too.