MoHE - Clearance Time

Hi All,

I am new to this forum. I have been offered Assist Prof post in one of erupted university in Oman. Its been two weeks since i have posted all my educational docs attested by MoFA of my country and Omani Embassy as well. I have also attested and submitted my medical test as well. How long will it take to process? I have resigned from my post n will be off in 2 weeks time... any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Hello,
I am also in the same situation, waiting for the visa. What I understood is, it totally depends upon your employer; how fast they need you to be there. I had submitted my attested certificates (scanned copies) couple of weeks back and got a reply from them saying that they got approval from MoHE two days back and they are in the process of issuing visa. But, still do not know when I will be getting that. Be in touch with the HR constantly.

Noushad

Hello Noushad,

Thanks for reply. they want me there before or on 15th Feb. But they are really slow and not replying to my emails either and i have already resigned from my job. Getting MoHE clearance is the most toughest job as they have told me.. where did u get the job mean which city?

Hi,

I have got the job in University of Buraimi. What about you?

Noushad

Mine is sohar uni. Noushad how long your MoHE clearance took means how many days when.ur employer forwarded your docs and got clearance?

I had sent my authenticated certificates initially as scanned documents by e-mail on 24th of January and later sent the hard copies by courier which they received on 2nd feb. I am expecting to get my visa by the end of this week. It looks to be quick and what I understood is; it depends on how fast the employer processes the documents for visa approval.

wow that was quick. I have sent the scan documents on 22nd Jan via email but still no news from MoHE and its worrying as my leaving notice from current employer is 15th Feb and no news from the MoHE as uni stated that it could take a month and then visa might take a month as well. Normally most ppl get Express Visa to start work and later converted to Work visa. Let see if my employer take this route. Keep me posted when u get your visa In Shaa Allah.

I'm in the same position.

Has anybody else experienced delays etc? It's currently been 5 weeks with the MoHE.

we are on the same boat.  i still have not received any emails regarding the status of my application.

Which university are you joining phella? I'm jointing Liverpoofc at Sohar University.

UoB

Well mine is the Ministry of Health but am waiting as well.

Ok - received mohe clearance on Sunday 3rd November. How long do I have to wait until the visa comes through?