New in Bahrain

Hello everyone :)
I just moved to Bahrain, I'm a housewife now :)  I'm looking to meet new friends from different nationalities , I'm from syria and my husband is American,,
Thank you
Reemo

Welcome to Bahrain..Hope u and ur family will have a great time here. And also Happy Birthday..!!

Hey Reemo,

Welcome to Bahrain! Let us know if you need any help and we'll do our best to support you.

Hi Reemo and happy birthday.

Which part of Bahrain are you living in? This will help you find friends that live close to you although nowhere in Bahrain is too far away. I'm sure you will both love living here.

As Brightonguy says, anything you wish to know or ask please use this forum and your questions will be answered as quickly as possible.

Welcome to Bahrain

You will sure find alot of nice people in Bahrain,  good luck and best of wishes.

Thank  you so much for your  nice wishes  :)

Thank you so much ,,  yes i need help ;). Where  can i find beauty salon  in seef area ??

Thank Jo , My husband loves here more than me :(  ,  i live in seef area. , close to the seef mall , seems people here so busy during the week ,, actually I'm looking to housewife like me so we can do some activities in the morning   ,,
Thanks again
Reema

aroma_kn wrote:

Thank Jo , My husband loves here more than me :(  ,  i live in seef area. , close to the seef mall , seems people here so busy during the week ,, actually I'm looking to housewife like me so we can do some activities in the morning   ,,
Thanks again
Reema

I am a housewife also and get quite bored during the day so would be nice to meet up.

Do you drive?

The best beauty salons I can recommend are Beauty Spot and Nu Beauty on the Janabiyah Highway. Beauty Spot is great for hair, nails, massage, facials etc. Nu Beauty is good for nails and waxing

I live in Saar which isn't that far from you.

Nowhere in Bahrain is far away lol

Hi Reema, hope you are settling in ok. I'll be moving to bahrain at the end of the month so hopefully will get to meet. Let us know how you go with hair/beauty salons. What does a woman's haircut cost in bahrain?

silver356 wrote:

Hi Reema, hope you are settling in ok. I'll be moving to bahrain at the end of the month so hopefully will get to meet. Let us know how you go with hair/beauty salons. What does a woman's haircut cost in bahrain?

It all depends on where you go to be honest and the length of your hair. My colour, cut and blowdry was about 60BD

Happy to show you around when you get here

Hi, my husband has been offered a job and considering moving the family to Bahrain, the post people have put on have been super helpful regarding shopping, schools and areas to live.
The only thing I am worried about is settling and making friends, I'm glad Everything seems to be in close proximity but just wondering how long it takes to settle in? (More emotionally than physically!!)
I'm not good with change but we have decided that life is too short!!
Xx

Hi, I have been here a couple of months now and I can assure you that you will not have a problem settling in and making friends. The people on this forum are lovely and will be happy to help with any information you need. I have travelled a lot and I think Bahrain is one of the friendliest places there is. If you have children you will find it extra easy to make friends, there are many play groups and school activities where you can meet other parents.

Hi, that's great thanks so much we are so excited! :D

Hi stayathomemumof3 PM me when you arrive and settle in - I will invite you to one of my garden parties. Great fun, great people and the perfect time to relax and make friends. The first time I met Silver356 was at one of our BBQ's :D

Hi All, after long time an after following your tips I finally arrived to the Island and my family will join me in a couple of weeks.
Looking forward to get to know new friends.
I am very much interested in football, cards, horseback ridding, diving and fencing.
Cheers
Ahmed

expat1234567 wrote:

Hi All, after long time an after following your tips I finally arrived to the Island and my family will join me in a couple of weeks.
Looking forward to get to know new friends.
I am very much interested in football, cards, horseback ridding, diving and fencing.
Cheers
Ahmed

Hi

Welcome :D The dilmun club in Saar does all of your intrests apart from Fencing. I am happy to sign you in if you want me to (I'm the Dilmun club secretary on the executive committee) Dilly

That would be great, actually this the first thing my wife would once he is her, as he is in the national team for the horse back ridding and she was really sad that she is leaving her horse behind, so yes that would be great if you can sign us in, we will be staying in Adlyia but I don't think it is gonna be far from us to go to Saar over the weekend, thanks a mil.. Rgs Ahmed

Hi, Josnuggles, thanks so much, will let you know when we r over, the site has been very helpful and answered, my many questions!!
Excited now! :)

You will be really happy here - guaranteed :top:

Stayathomemumof3 wrote:

Hi, my husband has been offered a job and considering moving the family to Bahrain, the post people have put on have been super helpful regarding shopping, schools and areas to live.
The only thing I am worried about is settling and making friends, I'm glad Everything seems to be in close proximity but just wondering how long it takes to settle in? (More emotionally than physically!!)
I'm not good with change but we have decided that life is too short!!
Xx

Hi

You will be fine.  What age are your children?  I have met tons of people at playgroups and at school and through other friends.  I have 3 boys aged 3, 8 and 16 so can pretty much advise on the whole spectrum (except for girls).  Bahrain is a small island and very friendly so you certainly wont be lonely!  I sometimes wonder where the weeks go we are so busy.

Let me know if I can help. :)

Hi there,

I moved to Bahrain because my husband love here as well. I have to agreed that it's a very friendly country. But after 3 months living & working here, somehow I still feel I'm living in my husband's life circle. I wanta make some friends of my own too. I'm Chinese, really friendly and easy going. I love tennis, squash... but since I'm pregnant, there isn't much activity for me to do anymore...

Creativesky wrote:

Hi there,

I moved to Bahrain because my husband love here as well. I have to agreed that it's a very friendly country. But after 3 months living & working here, somehow I still feel I'm living in my husband's life circle. I wanta make some friends of my own too. I'm Chinese, really friendly and easy going. I love tennis, squash... but since I'm pregnant, there isn't much activity for me to do anymore...

Creativesky

Have you joined mumsinbahrain on facebook?  You will find lots of other mums and mums to be and should be able to find out about pre-natal things to do such as yoga, swimming etc and I am sure you will make lots of friends of your own that way.

Congratulations by the way

As a "soon-to-live-in-Bahrain" expat, your messages are all so heartwarming - making friends there is something that I'm eager to do, and look forward to meeting some of y'all in real life. Thanks for being so warm and friendly to us "newbies"!

welcome to syrian people :)

Thank you for the lovely message and recommandation. I joined mumsinbahrain on facebook.