Farasan Island for a week end

Yes, you can

Hello,

Thank you for offering to answer some questions.
We are planning on visiting the Island together with our 3 children and would lik eot know if there is a company that organizes day out on a boat to explore the island and do some snorkeling? Do they provide the snorkeling equipment?
Many thanks

unfortunately, there's no companies for that, but there is local people who does that, if you need more information or contact details, i'll provide it to you.

can i get rent a car in Farsan island for one day.?

dear sir,

i don't think there is car rental companies.

hi sir, is it possible to just camp in the shoreline of the islands? we don't have a car nor hotel bookings, but we have a tent. we do this in rabigh area and the coast guards are totally OK with it and even check on us everytime. we are wondering if it's the same with farasan?
thank you.

Yeah, it's okay to go and camp, there's no issues

I would like to Farasan Island for a weekend with some friends. May someone share the contact of those apartments or a way to book them?

Thank you in advance

Lorenzo Angelilli

I stayed here twice :

Farasan Hotel
Farasan Island 88344
017 316 1166
https://goo.gl/maps/89bibo44tWU2

Hi guys, sorry to revive this thread but I'm planning on visiting Farasan soon, however, from the following website: https://lm.mot.gov.sa/Main.aspx I am unable to book my car.  Can anyone help?

Secondly, if it can't be done online, how easy will it be to do it from the office?  Can I book my and my wife's ticket online and then add the car from the office?

Finally, if I don't take the car, are taxis available at the farasan side?  Can I book a taxi or a guide for 3 hours?

Thank you for all your help in advance.

Usually the car booking is full at office, you might get a ticket at chance but that might also be of after 1 to 2 days
There r no taxis at the island, only private taxis with arabic only drivers but your hotel might be able to help in that regard

Hi guys,

For everyone looking for information, found this pretty recent article on the ferry and the Farasan Island:

http://littleexplorerblog.blogspot.com/ … rasan.html

hy
I am from riyadh how can i go to farasan island by ship ?? where can i get the ticket??

hi! im planning to go to farasan islands on sept or october. i may be going solo, as i have yet to find travel buddies interested to travel with me so we can split the costs. anyway, how hard/ easy is it to go to farasan islands on my own, with no car, no hotel, no contacts? haha! how much is a taxi (ballpark figure) for a day or a few hours around farasan?

any other tips/ recommendation/ advice will be greatly appreciated.

thanks!

hi sir, how we can book online for the ferry boat?

Hi
We are planning to visit Farasan (off the coast of Jizan). I know we need to get on a ferry from Jizan to get to Farasan.
Once in Farasan, can we get a local person as a local guide and can we hire a private boat (obviously with a sailor) to take us around fir the day.
Do you have any helpful telephone numbers for local people who can assist?

This guy is based in Jizan but is an official Saudi Tourist Guide. Faud Kabisi +966 55 168 7224

Dear friends,

Can anyone share a furnished apartment contact number or location in the Farsan island to stay a night ? It will be useful, when we reach farsan Island.

@gmathymca You can get this info from google maps

fierry reservation online website link please

@Mo3aad - Dear Sir, I'll be visiting the Farasan Islands with my wife on 12 April, staying one night and departing on 13 April.  We would like to go out on a boat and do some snorkeling.  Are you able to advise how we might proceed?

Kind regards,

David

@Mo3aad - I find myself in a similar position.  I'll be travelling to the Farasan Islands on 12 April 2024, staying one night, and going back on the 13th.  We would like to go out on a boat and do some snorkeling.  Are you able to advise how to proceed?

@dbuckrell

Morning Dear,

Of course you can go for snorkeling during your day visit, and might contact this 0558895957, for the boat trip.

Wonderful.  Many thanks.