My Singapore S Pass rejected ... need help !

Hi all,

With all great struggles I was able to find a job in Singapore,but unfortunately my S pass application was rejected:( , I dont know why it was rejected . I have 5yrs 7month revelent exp for the job offer , I possess an 4yrs full-time BS degree and 1 yrs Part-time diploma, My Salary package was > SGD 2000. I fulfil almost all the criteria for the S Pass yet my application was rejected. Can I appeal once more ? But without knowing they reason of rejection & what my application lacks, what justification can I give for my appeal ? Can any one guide how to proceed for an appeal ? and help to secure this job offer. I feel very sad that I found the right job yet unble to secure it ! I need help !

S-Passes are meant for technicians and similar semi-skilled jobs.
With a university degree and over five years experience, you are over-qualified for it and should get an EP. Minimum salary for an EP is S$3000/month for fresh graduates and more for experienced people.
Average salary for somebody with your background should also be above S$4000. I guess they don't want people who under-sell themselves like that (and thus distort the local salary structure).

Thanks beppi !
If my employer increases my salary to SGD3000 and apply for EP do I stand a chance.

Requirements for Q1, the lowest rank of EP, from the MoM website:

•Young graduates from good institutions could qualify if they earn at least $3,000
•Older applicants would have to command higher salaries to qualify, commensurate with the work experience and quality they are expected to bring

The actual minimum salaries for experienced people are not publicised, but I guess you should have around S$4000 to qualify.
In addition, S$4000/month is also the minimum to bring dependants (wife and kids) - I don't know if that is of interest to you.

prafilaash wrote:

Thanks beppi !
If my employer increases my salary to SGD3000 and apply for EP do I stand a chance.

If all else fails, then pray and pray very hard. Explanation is not in their vocabulary.

don ve to .. just get your employer to fake one amount ....you salary can still put 3000

jason1975 wrote:

don ve to .. just get your employer to fake one amount ....you salary can still put 3000

This is illegal. The authorities will find out latest when salary is reported for tax purposes - and then both the employer and employee will be heavily fined. Therefore, I believe, no employer worth your trust would agree to this (and you shouldn't, too - in Singapore it does NOT pay to circumvent the rules!

In addition, it is forbidden to suggest illegal actions on this forum.

jason1975 wrote:

Jason 1975, this is very irresponsible advice. Do NOT even contemplate such a move as this would not only lead both the employer and  employee be penalized but also black listed.

my name is baskar , With all great struggles I was able to find a job in Singapore,but unfortunately my S pass application was rejected:( , I dont know why it was rejected . I have 5yrs 7month revelent exp for the job offer , I possess an 2yrs full-time mba degree and 3 yrs bachlor of commerce degree , My Salary package was > SGD 4000. I fulfil almost all the criteria for the S Pass yet my application was rejected. Can I apply new application for new company ? But without knowing they reason of rejection & what my application lacks, what justification can I give for my new application for new company ? Can any one guide how to proceed for an new company application ? and help to secure this job offer. I feel very sad that I found the right job yet unble to secure it ! I need help !

an alternative would be your potential boss submit an appeal, i had apply several foreigners before and first round of rejection is very common for the past 2 years, before that, all my applicants get approved like the day after, it was that easy before. the company or your boss must state why you are so crucial to him that he cannot find any local to fill up that position, something like your company needs you to liaise with or some work relating to your country of origin, which local would rarely has any knowledge. appeal are on a case by case basis, good luck.

With MBA, >5yrs experience and >S$4000 salary, you should be on an EP instead of S-Pass!
It could also be that your salary was deemed too low for your background and experience. It is definitely on the low side, but without knowing the details I cannot comment further.

Or, the reason for rejection is not you - maybe the company cannot employ more foreigners (quota full)?

I think it's possible to do 2 terms of contract, 1 fake for 4000 S$ for your S pass documents and one for you and employer. I have heard about this things and how they do. If you need more infos I can ask.
Annie

annie_t wrote:

I think it's possible to do 2 terms of contract, 1 fake for 4000 S$ for your S pass documents and one for you and employer. I have heard about this things and how they do. If you need more infos I can ask.
Annie

This is, of course, illegal and will land you and the employer in deep shit if found out. I cannot recommend it!

annie_t wrote:

Annie

Hi annie_t, your suggestion is a big NO NO. ICA isn't so helpful for all we know but they aren't lying down idling as well when it comes to clamping down on illegal activities within the legal defines of their boundary.

Hello friends..i need help from u..

i applying job through some consultancy..and am asking s pass.but now they told, s pass under some problem ,before march 2013, not possible to apply s-pass.In April first week possible to apply the s-pass.i need information about s-pass problem..what is exactly going on..

Your employer, not an agency, must apply for your S-Pass from MoM.
The employer must fulfill certain criteria and local-to-foreign-employee quotas to be granted an S-Pass employee.
Maybe in your case, the employer can only fulfill these criteria in April?
It sounds dubious if they don't tell you the reason. Maybe you should look for a more honest employer.
In addition: Under Singapore law, an employment agency is not allowed to charge the job applicant any fee. If yours charges you, you should run away as fast as you can, before they cheat you any further!

Hi Friends,
my friend got 2 times(s pass) rejected for changing another company.
anyone can tell,there is any chance for getting approvel.
thank you.

Need more details to advise him.

he is still working in s pass category need to change for another company .but application for this got rejected 2times. ..... please give some  suggestion. 
thank you

Changing job always carries the risk that the new pass will not be approved.
In your friend's case, I cannot tell from your very brief information what is the likely reason for the rejection.
He can continue working in his current job until his current S-Pass expires, or look for another job, but I cannot comment on his chances.

Thanks to all ...
Finally I got my Pass...
Thanks to MOM who approved it & spl thanks to my employer who fought for me.

Congratulations - it took a long time, but it was worth it in the end!
Could you, for the benefit of others in a similar situation, post the details of your package and application process here? (Thanks!)

good evening beppi. my husband was rejected last july 2013 for an SPASS application and he asked his employer the reason for the rejection and the employer said that the reason for rejection is beyond their knowledge. The HR also said that they appeal after the SPASS application was rejected. My husband while waiting for the result of the application is very positive so after talking to the HR that the appeal was also rejected he wants to know the chance of getting approved for an SPASS for the month of September. By the way, He is a degree holder in Master of Science in Computer Science and a Bachelor degree in Commerce major in Computer Science. He has more than 15 years relevant work experience. His employer offered him 2100SGD for the position of Office Solutions Engineer. What do you think are the possible actions that he need to do in order to get an SPASS? and Is the MOM considers the span of time after the SPASS rejection? I mean, does he need to wait for a month or months before searching for a possible employer that would apply for his SPASS? thank you.

The reason for rejection is low salary.
The minimum salary for S-Pass is S$2200/month (since July 2013 - it was S$2000 before).
This, however, is for low-level technicians, not experienced degree holders, which are expected to earn more to qualify for a work visa.
The exact minimum salary requirements depend on education, profession and work experience - and the details are not published by MoM. But I think with a (recognised by MoM) degree in IT and 15 years relevant experience, he should be earning S$6000/month or more.
Please also note that S$4000/month is the minimum for bringing his wife along as a dependent - and it is difficult for a couple to survive on that!

Regarding what he can do now: Look for a more reasonable employer and have them apply for an EP (not S-Pass).
There is no penalty for unsuccessfull application and no waiting time required.

thanks for the answer.:) its really a great help..:))

Hi all ,I need help I'm suffering sleepless night because I'm thinking about my pass .I am rejected once the employer tell to me maybe it's because I am just only a Associate (2years course in Hotel and Restaurant Management) ,is it true ?that is not able to approved my s pass because I'm just graduated a 2 years course ?

Foreigners can only be hired if there are not enough sufficiently skilled locals for the job.
As a fresh graduate of a 2-year-course, it is doubtful if this applies to you. Which skills do you have that are rare in Singapore?
Did your employer post the job for two weeks unsuccessfully on the (locals only) job bank first?

I really don't know cause I applied in agency .then I wait for the result of my pass for 7days and it's rejected .when I apply for the 2nd time in other company/employer is there a posibility that my pass would be rejected again ?

Did you pay the agency for the application? And did you pay again for the appeal?
Have you seen and signed the employment contract with the company in Singapore?
Did they give you your FIN number (which is issued a few days after application and before a decision on approval/rejection is made)? Did you, with that, check the application status on MoM's website?
I am asking because there are many cheating agents who take your money although you have no chance for approval (they might not even apply in some cases).
Please note that in Singapore no agent is allowed to charge the job applicant a fee (all borne by the employer!). So if you had to pay, it is most probably a scam.
I recommend you contact employers in Singapore directly instead of using an agent!

so what ever it is I have no chances to get an approval from Mom ?I saw the result because I checked it online and rejected but no reason why but my employer said maybe it's because I am just a 2 years course  ..if ever I applied even in direct hiring there is no possibility for approval ?cause I'm planning to apply again in other company .but I'm in doubt because of the said situation that I have .cause im only graduated a 2 years course

I did not say you have no chance - there are many foreigners of all ediucational levels working in Singapore!
It's just that Singapore is selective about whom they take and whom not. They need people to do the jobs Singaporeans are not able to do (certain special skills and education) or not willing to do (manual labour).
There might be a shortage of manpower in the booming tourism industry (not my field, so I'm not certain). If so, you have a chance even with low education and little applicable work experience (without any work experience it is doubtful).

my s pass application  was rejected  may i know the reason for that cannot  appeal even??

Where did you get the conclusion that you can't appeal? Did MoM mention this?

Why it was rejected the answer is known to MoM, so your employer should enquiry about it.

There could be many factors lead to the rejection e.g. employer exceeding its foreign quota, information given to MoM might be wrong, salary or educational background may be not in line with S pass or MoM thinks the job which is offered to you should be given to locals.

Good luck..

My daughter had applied for a student pass to study in a college in Singapore. Unfortunately her student pass was rejected without any reasons given. What is the next process to take at this time?

shirishrijal wrote:

My daughter had applied for a student pass to study in a college in Singapore. Unfortunately her student pass was rejected without any reasons given. What is the next process to take at this time?

She can appeal against the rejection - but this is only worth doing if she had additional information or documents that were not submitted with the original application and could change the decision in her favour.
Or she could look for a university elsewhere.

Hi
        Am worked one year permit "s pass" in 2015 but before Complete one year my s pass cancelled by my employer at 8th month. Now i want to apply a new s pass. My friend said my application will be rejected. If i apply MOM what will do? There is any possibility to accept?

You cannot apply for an S-Pass, only an employer willing to hire you can.
Whether you will get another S-.Pass depends on the circumstances of the previous cancellation: Was a complaint lodged against you (e.g. did you abscond without proper termination or did you leave the employer on bad terms)?

Dear beppi
                        Thanks for your kind reply. Am not going to apply for S-pass it is my new employer. Reason for my last time termination is my boss didn't give me a exact salary and he pending 2 month salary too so i complained to MOM. After then he settled my salary outside and cancelled my S-pass. It's only happened in my case. I thing my employer maybe banned my entry by S-Pass or MOM punish me because didn't  Complete 1 year. These things are panicked me. What's gonna happen this time my new employer apply S-Pass for me?

It is well possible that the old employer presented the incidence in a way that is negative for you - and MoM believes it.
In that case, you should contact them with proof of what really happened to get the bad mark lifted.

what kind of proof i have to send. now i don't have any. But that time i sent the letter to MOM and informed my employer settled my salary. That's all. Kindly give me a valid point to lift my block.
Thanks