Info on Philippines

Hello to everbody. I am a retired Air Canda employee looking for info an living in the Philippines.
Not very computer literate so I will be slogging through this site to decipher the useful from the sublime. I joined the PMA blog site but the info seems to be quite out of date. looking to get some insight into the Philippines from here so any hints and places to start would be most appreciated.

Hello Geezer1951 welcome to EB, lots of places in Philippines for you to live in. Whatever your co-workers told you about it you should go and try. Not really sure what you need but internet will help you much easier. goodluck.:)

hi there!im from philippines and i can give u some info about retirement there.our former president last 2009 had this program for foreigners who wants to live and retire in the philippines.in places like cebu,davao or albay they have certain villages there for foreign retirees.some benefits are cheap cost of living,fresh air,beaches,warm people,good food and peaceful environment.and i know that program like that still exist until these days.

I would advice you to write down the specific place you wanted to stay.
The type of living and the environment.
I'm from Mindanao and in Luzon at the moment. I'd been to Cebu and Samar.
Almost all places in Philippines is the same, you have the urban an rural area.
There are undevelop provinces sorrounded by beaches and mountains covered by coconuts, but food are expensive expecially vegetables :-)
Develop province with small cities that is sorrounded by mountains-food prices are fair, cheap vegetables :-)
Big cities in Luzon

Perhaps I can help you more if you can decide which geographical area of Phil you want to stay.
Goodluck
HT

Karren is giving you good advise concerning the Philippines, and the best thing to do is plenty of research and then visit the Philippines for 3 weeks or longer.  Whatever geographic area you decide to explore you should be able to contact ex-pats there ahead of time and ask them to meet you and show you around some.  Being divorced means you will be visiting a country with many beautiful and available women.  You need to stay away from the sex trade bars and meet the real people.  I will be retiring to Ilocos Sur on Luzon in a few years, and having a Filipina wife makes it all possible for me.  Good luck in your quest.

Karen

I am lucky to have found a family in Tarlac City that will be willing to show me around the area.
But I do not want to be resticted to the one area of the Philippines without the exploration of the many other locations.
I plan on getting on extended Visa on my arrival so I can really explore the islands.
I joined the PMA website run by the BIM but many members have cautionary tales about enlisting
in the program.
I assume I will have to go to the Phillippines myself and ask questions of the expats living there now as the best way to approach the retirement.
There is no marriage in my plans so this may make it a little more difficult but I do have the financial means to live there quite comfortably.
If you can shed any light on this it would be most welcome.

Thank you

Brian