Getting a sponsorship in Mauritius

Hi!
This is Alfred.  Presently working in Muscat, Oman.  I would like to know the procedures in getting a sponsorship to work in Mauritius.  Are there an placement agencies/consults who can offer their services?
Regards

Hello Alfred and welcome to Expat.com!

A new thread has been created on Mauritius forum for better visibility.;)

Hope that you'll soon be enlightened.

Harmonie.

Hi,

So I may have found a job that could place me in Mauritius. How do I go about negotiating a sponsorship package - Do I have to have one?

There is no sponsorship for employment in Mauritius.

It is either:

an occupational permit ( work permit combined with a residence permit ) for a professional with salary ≥ Rs 60/month except for IT  where it is Rs 30K ( depending on the competence/skills and experience one can negotiate salary, and other must or need to have such as housing , car allowance or school tuition for children etc etc )

or

a work  permit requested by the prospective employer , with good reasons as to why he is hiring a foreigner in lieu of a local for salary < Rs 60K . The applicant can't be on the island.

Then we have the work permit for workers in textiles /construction industries or manual labour with specific conditions and terms.

Hi

Thank you for the above information. I have now secured a job and they will arrange my occupational permit

Wow wonderful