Looking around for a new nest to fly to :)

Hi :) I'm RyanA, this is my first post here! I'm looking at moving from England to somewhere in Asia. I've had my eye on Hanoi in Vietnam but am looking around to see where the best place for me would be.

I'd like some help, if that's ok, to work out how much it costs in Hong Kong :)

I'm looking for somewhere with a 10m drive of the city center, in a small appartment or house for 1 person and some music gear, pref in a good/safe neighbourhood.
I'm not a very good cook so probably eat out a lot, I have a motorbike too and need a decent enough internet connection.

As I'm a composer I'll be self employed at one point, on the average of £10,000-£15,000 a year :)

I'm also looking to see how much it will cost for Beijing, Guangzhou and Shangai, with the similar circumstances :)

Thanks
RyanA

The Hong Kong section is littered with people asking about the cost of living.  The bottom line is that Hong Kong is a very expensive city and what you spend on apartments & food depends on a million different things.

The good news is that they're all safe neighborhoods.  You can walk down dark alleys in the middle of the night with no problems.  Not cooking doesn't matter since kitchens are very small in Hong Kong.  Most people eat out all the time.  Food - like apartments - is as cheap or as expensive as you want it to be.

All of Hong Kong is wired with wifi everywhere.  How good it is depends on your point of view.  When it works it's great.

That's good :) I'm happy to hear it's safe! Also...I'm very sorry to add my litter to the pile :( *Sweeps away Snickers wrapper*

It will fall to the bottom of the pile soon enough.