Young scottish lawyer looking for room to rent

Hello,

I have just stated an internship with the UN in Kampala. I am having a lot of difficulty finding safe and suitable accommodation. I am interested in renting a spare room in a family home if anyone has one available. I expect to be here for around 3 months. I am friendly considerate and tidy! please let me know if you have anything or even know how I would go about finding something. My job is very isolated so I am hoping to make some contacts,

Thanks Gill

A possibly suitable flat has just been posted on internations

internations.org/

Have a look

Hi Gill,

You should view the Kampala classifieds > accommodation section and post an advert there as well.

I wish you good luck
Christine

Hi Gill,

I'm Joseph, living in Kampala. First, I would like to know where, in Kampala, you are working, to suggest locations that would be close your workplace - very important when you want to quiclkly access places you need to. Then price range you are willing to pay for accomodation. Otherwise, it would be hard to find good space in family home, unless you have really good contacts...

God is good, all the time...
MJJoseph!

Hi,
I hope that you are doing well! My name is Samari and I saw on facebook muzungi in Uganda page that you will need a place to stay in Kampala and I felt I should let you know about my place.
I have a 2-bedroom, 1-bathroom house located in Bukoto right next to kabira International school(please check out on google maps how close that is to Town and mulago), near Naguru and the center of the city. The house is in a secured and very green area. I typically rent out the extra room.
If you are interested in renting a room you can see the descriptions of each below and what the monthly cost includes:
Room: Rent 250USD/month
• All utilities including electricity, water, gas, cleaning and maintenance
• bed stand
• reading lamp
• 1 Queen-size bed, with linens
• bed stand
• mosquito net
• 1 window with curtains
Also in the house we have a full size refrigerator with kitchen table and cabinets. The kitchen is fully stocked with everything you need including flatware, plates, glasses, rice cooker, oven, stove, kettle, blender . There is a living room with a couch and 2 lounge chairs where we all tend to hang out together. We have a woman that comes and helps us with washing clothes which costs 2 USD/week.
I am Ugandan originally from the Kabale area but have been living and working in Kampala for 4 years. I attended Makarere University and now work as a Chief Operations officer in an IT audit company called Security Risk Solutions ltd. I love having international guests staying with me and I always show them around Kampala to all the best places to eat, shop, dance and party!
If you are still interested I will send you pictures of the apartment soon.
Best Regards
Samari kakibale
[email protected]

Hi Samari,

You should post this advert under Kampala classifieds > accommodation section.

Thank you.

Hi Christine,
Thank you.
let me do that.

Hey,

Did you find a place? I have one ready to be occupied. It's nice. If you would like to know more about it, please let me know...

God is good, all the time...
MJJoseph!