Closest German immigration office to Basel?

Hi folks-

I'm a US citizen and I need to apply for a German work Visa. I'm going to be in Basel for the next few weeks and I'd like to initiate the process while there, but I'm having trouble figuring out where to go. From what I can see online, it looks like there aren't many immigration offices in the country, but that doesn't seem possible.

Can anyone point me to the closest German immigration office (Ausländerbehörde) where I could apply for a work visa? From what I can tell the closest office is in Munich, but I'm hoping there's something closer to Basel.

Thanks so much!

Hi Jordachio,

you will find the “Ausländerbehörde” in Lörrach, not really far away from Basel, you can go there by train, Basel SBB–Zell (Wiesental) (S6).
Zimmer 3.11.  Luisenstrasse 16, 79539 Lörrach
Monday: 8:00 - 12:00
Tuesday: 8:00 - 12:00
Wednesday: 8:00 - 12:00
Thursday: 8:00 - 12:00 and 15:00 - 19:00
Friday: 8:00 - 12:00

Wish you success

Wow, thanks so much for the information! I really appreciate it. Now I just need to find a native German speaker to come with me! Thanks again for the help. I'll try to remember to post back with a success story.

Cheers-
Jordan

Hi Jordachio,

you don't need somebody to translate for you. They know English and can help you. Just to make sure, you could call them first
Tel. (from Basel) 0049 7621 415 643
and make an appointment with an English speaking person there.

Good luck

Hi Tina-

Oh, thanks for the help! I'd read that the immigration offices don't frequently have English speakers, but I'll give them a call.

Thanks again!
-Jordan