Got offered a job in Brasil

Hi, my name is Sandra and I would like some help because I got offered a job in Brasil and I really would like to go but everybody says I am crazy because I have 2 kids and I sould think about their safety.
Can someone help me.
[email protected]

Hello shana71.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

If you have specific questions, do not hesitate to ask them.

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hi Sandra,

I'm a Canadian who has been living in Brazil for eleven years now. Yes, there is crime and violence in Brazil. Isn't there crime and violence everywhere in the world nowadays? I've never had any problems personally (read my "Gringo's Survival Guide for Brazil" and the other postings at the beginning of the first Brazil Forum page.)

Despite all the problems here in Brazil there are a whole lot more good things about living here and I certainly wouldn't want to live anywhere else now. Clearly, it's not for everybody, but if you can adapt it's terrific.

The only worry I would have is education, depending on the age of your children. You cannot put them into the public school system, it is in shambles. The only alternative is private schools which offer good quality education but cost a lot.

In the end you must do what your heart and your head tell you to do, not what other people think you should do. They're not walking in your shoes.

Cheers,
William James Woodward - Brazil Animator, Expatk-blog Team

Hi wjwoodward,

Greetings from India.!!!! I am Arul Britto looking for a IT job in Brazil and would like to migrate to Brazil. Could you please guide me to find a suitable track.

Thanks in Advance.

Hi Arul,

Check your mailbox for a private message in reply to yours.

Cheers,
William James Woodward - Brazil Animator, Expat-blog Team

i want to your help , any how

and , i want any type of job needs me
please , therefore, help me anybody ....
and , i want job for Brazil.....

yes , please help me

Hi All - I am from India & have been offered a contractual job in Rio Brazil. Would appreciate if anyone can help me with respect to the cost of Living in Rio Brazil. Also about tax structure in Brazil. Will I be liable to pay tax in India or in Brazil.

Cheers.

Hello Ranga123,

If you are working in Brazil and earning an income here you will also have to pay taxes in Brazil. Depending on how much you have earned in India before you leave the country you may also be required to pay taxes there too.

Cheers,
William James Woodward - Brazil Animator, Expat-blog Team

Were are you living this time?

Sandra, I am Brazilian and I leave in Rio. I have two kids and I need to agree with the another post that I read about the kids. The first topic it is about education, the must go to a private school and a good one cost around ($1000/month). Another thing is the health ensurance.
Please include both costs in your calculations.
However, the costs to have fun are very low... beach, public parks, etc are for free and I believe the kids will love Rio.
The cariocas are really opened and like foreing people also, however a very few people speak English. You should think about take some Portuguese classes as well.
Good lucky and welcome to Rio ! :)

In response to the safety of Brazil, if you use common sense and good judgement you will be fine. There is crime, violence, and petty theft everywhere in the world. And there are places where I live that I wouldn't venture into at night. Common sense/good judgement = being safe.

Avoid participating in protests also. It only takes one idiot or misunderstanding to turn a peaceful productive protest into a violent unproductive protest.

Matt-

Anybody here lives in Macae...?!!

Hello WaelSharabash,

http://i1320.photobucket.com/albums/u531/wjwoodward/Welcome-banner.jpg

On behalf of the entire Expat-blog Team, welcome on board.
I hope your experience here on the blog will be both enjoyable and informative.

To answer your question, yes I live in Macaé. I've been living in Brazil for 12 years now, the last year and a half in Macaé.

Cheers,
William James Woodward - Brazil & Canada Expert, Expat-blog Team

To all the Ex-Pats and Brasilians in Macae,
I am the new General Manager of the Hotel Du Lac in Macae.
I look forward to helping and making everyone's stay in Macae more hospitable, friendly and enjoyable.
John R. Miller
Gerente Geral - Hotel Du Lac
Serving the Oil & Gas Industry of Macae for 25 Years

http://gcsco.wliinc3.com/WELCOME_Banner.jpg

Hello John Russell Miller,

On behalf of the entire Expat-blog Team and all of our members on the Brazil Forum, WELCOME!

I will be looking forward to meeting you personally in the near future.

Cheers,
William James Woodward, Expat-blog Experts Team