Decent salary to live in Johannesburg

Hello, I received an offer from a company based in Johannesburg of 30000 rand, I assure inhabited, I want to know if it is a decent salary to live there thanks

R30 000? Grab that once if it's a Sunday and twice if it's any other day of the week! It's enough to assure a very nice life - not Lamborghini nice, but middle class comfortable.

Depends on your skills, also ask if you've got any other benefits such medical aid, housing, transportation, etc. And if that is all inclusive or after taxes are applied.

Yes, if you are single, this should be fine.

Considering a move to Joburg, family of 4 with kids aged 10 and 6. What's a good salary to live if a) one is looking for a fully furnished 3-bedroom flat in a gated community in a suburb like say Midrand, b) private school for kids c) car on rent on a monthly basis. Taxes, insurance to be borne by me. Look forward to a prompt reply. Thanks.

for sure it is enough. U will have a fairly comfy lifestyle for one person on that salary

Can I ask is this based per month or yearly? Yearly it does not seem that much as housing seems to be between 3500 to 5000 a month alone not to mention everything else. But to earn 30,000 a month seems huge. I am confused please help. We are moving very likely and I think we may have 120,000 a year after tax and this does not seem all that much with the only income. Considering housing, utilities, food,car,medical insurance and primary school etc.

Hello Mylandra,

Just to inform you that this thread is old (January 2013).

If you are looking for some answers to your questions, i therefore invite you to create a new thread on the Johannesburg forum, it might help you.

Thanks

Priscilla  :cheers: