Scottish Female Doctor Looking to Work in Oslo

Hei hei :)

I'm a 24 year old Scottish hospital doctor and am planning to move to Oslo in August to be with my Norwegian partner. I graduated from Glasgow University in 2011 and have worked for nearly two years now as a junior doctor and have held my full registration since August 2012. My main passion in medicine in Intensive Care and Critical Care; this is where I hope to be working in the long run!
I'm learning Norwegian from a good Ebook ( that I would recommend) for the iPad, and am in Norway almost every two weeks - however every Norwegians excellent English tends to make me lazy! But I'm looking to do a course in Edinburgh university from April to help me learn better!

I wonder if anyone has any advise on jobs within Oslo for someone like me. I'm very interested in doing academic or research work also- as it's a massive part of a medical career these days and something I've always been keen to do to be honest! (Plus would ease me into the language in a medical environment)
I'm willing to do most jobs over the next year that are medically based to be relevant to my career but also help me settle in. I don't care for a large salary but as you will all appreciate living in Oslo is not cheap! (But luckily I am not living alone so my expenses are reduced significantly :) )

I would very keen to hear back from people :)

Thanks in advance!

Sarah MacLean

Hello,

I have written a private message to you with what will hopefully be useful advice for you.

David

Hello Sarah MacLean.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

The Jobs in Oslo section is at your disposal as well. Do not hesitate to post an advert there.

Articles => Work/Labor market in Norway.

Thank you,
Aurélie

very bad news for all people who are seeking job seeker visa for Norway.

they stopped job seeker section so from 15th Jan they will not give any one job- seeker visa.

even they will not give them visa who application was under process till now under job seeker section. for more information kindly check UDI website.

Thank aurelie I have taken your advise :) David I have messaged you back your help has been amazing!! Rohitash where do you come from? because as far as I believe if you are from an EU country you can stay for 90 days (and appear at a local police station to inform them of your arrival) then by 90 days must apply for a permanent visa- ie with a job offer or for whatever reason you wish to be in Norway. What brings you to Norway? I think this site is absolutely great for people wishing to move over :)

Hi Sarah

How is your hunt for information going? I'm an ENT trainee in the South of England, due to finish my training in 2017. After that would be keen to move to Oslo (my fiancee is norwegian) but have no idea how easy or hard it would be to get a consultant job in Norway. Have you found any useful resources?

Matt

Hi Matt, I've private mailed you some info :)