Work assistance required.

Hi my name is Greg. I am desperately looking for work in Mauritius. Thru my family I qualify for Mauritian citizenship. I have been in the restaurant industry for 17 years between that I have done a bit of yacht building and computer networking. I have had the pleasure of working in and running some of the finest restaurants in Cape Town. I have 2 young children and my wife and I are very competent in the hospitality industry. She has done the admin in some of the restaurants I have worked in.

We are both eager and willing with good old fashioned work ethic. At this point I am prepared to work in any field required in order to find a job.

Please Please can someone help me.

Hi Bax,
I am new in Mauritius.What I can see is that it is easier to come in as an investor either on a small scale or a large scale but to come in as a professional is a bit difficult. I tried a lot on these job sites but did not get lucky thru them. I hope it helps you and others who wants to come into this country as a professional.

myjob.mu/
orange.mu/annonces/
jobseek.com.mu/index.php
maurjobs.com/index.php
dcdm-rs.com/
maujobs.intnet.mu

Hi Terence

Thanks for the help. I have been trying those sites for the last year. Every single application has been turned down. Where as here with my skills and experience I receive job offers all the time. It is very frustrating, I am not looking to make a fortune. Just a living.

Hi Bax,

Keep trying and dont lose hope. I am sure you will get lucky some day. Nando's has recently opened an outlet in Shoprite hypermarket, maybe you can try there. There are some South Africans in this forum, I am sure they will too try to help you out.

Hi Bax, and welcome on Expat.com!

You can also post your CV in the Mauritius jobs offer and careers section.

All my wishes of success,

Julien