Event organised by Ensglish and Scotish comunity in Bucharest

Does anyone go to the Burns Supper event organised this month in Bucharest? I need a dance partner (this is not a pick up ) regardless age or sex. As a Scot said :No one needs to be an expert, actually you dont even have to know what your doing...Its not intimate and It's a fun danceing  It's all just abit of fun and a laugh at the end of the day. Plus everyone will be half drunk on Whisky anyway lol.

Burns Night In Bucharest ???
Sounds like fun :)

Well listen, You dont actually need a Dance partner.
I'm guessing The danceing will be Traditional Scottish Country Danceing.
We where forced to do this at School haha.
You wont be dancing alone, you will be dancing in a mixed group.
Or else it will be man and women then you will move on to your next dance partner.
So if you actually find a dance parnter you will maybe be only dancing with him for 5 mins anyway.
There is a good chance you will dance with every single person at the event.

This is if my memory serves me right ....
There should certainly be someone there to dance with.
Anyway, Goodluck

Hi,
Thank you for answering. I know the dances, I've learned them and I tried also in Edinburgh. The problem with this event in Bucharest is that all people come in couple ! So, even in order to go on the dance floor I still need someone, if not there will be unpair no, you need to start the dance with someone. I know from experience. Don't you know someone who wants to attend this?
Cheers,
Daniela

Sorry Daniela, I dont. I havent actually visited Bucharest before, so I have no one to recomend to you.

An Expat should really take advatage of this, because there in for a good night. Any Nationality.
If I was in Bucharest I would have went, because I'm always up for a good laugh and a bit of haggis and Rabbie Burns Poetry.
It's a shame you need a parnter, as I remember my Mother always used to go to Scottish country dancing lessons alone, and had great fun.
You should make it aware to expats that they dont need to be Scottish for this, and that this is not difficult highland Dancing that is well known.

No one needs to be an expert, actually you dont even have to know what your doing, I wouldnt remember haha.
Its not intimate and It's a fun danceing and the more mistakes you make the better :) No one is going to laugh at you. It's all just abit of fun and a laugh at the end of the day. Plus everyone will be half drunk on Whisky anyway lol.

You should make sure though that if you do find someone they dont need to go out and buy a Kilt becuase of a Strict Dresscode.

Shame if you cant go.
If I where you I would drag a freind along to this ... :)

Goodluck

I quoted you in the description of the topic :)

Haha No problem. :)

All True, It really is just abit of fun and no seriousness to it.
Its not Salsa haha.

Hope you find Someone Daniela :)

Why would she be referring to St .Patricks day ????:)
Although you maybe be right ?
But she already said she is looking for a Partner for Robert Burns Supper night ???
Both days have completly different traditions.
Daniela already said she had been in Edinbrugh and done Scottish Danceing.
One is a Scottish Day the other is an Irish day. :)

Oh No Probs mate, :)

That St. Patricks ball, looks like a hell of a good night aswell.