Offered SAR 15000/ month: moving from Singapore

All,

I have been offered SAR 15000/ month ( inclusive of accom, transportation) + medical insurance coverage for self + 1 month paid holiday with air ticket by a company. My work location will be in Riyadh.I am into IT Profession with 7 years of experience and I,m currently working in singapore getting Singapore dollars 6000/ month salary. Please lemme know the below details as of today :

1) Accommodation + utilities for a family of 2 members in an individual flat with amenities.
2) cost of food per month.
3) Medical insurance per person ( I need to take it for my wife).

Finally is it a good salary for my profession there in Riyadh.

Appreciate your response for the same. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
mike

You're getting 18.5k in Singapore and you want to come here on 15k? Why?

Thanks for ur reply. It depends on how much I can save in both the places. In Singapore , the monthly expenses for a family will be around 3300SGD.  even the medical expenses are high here.I would like to know the details that I have requested above to make a decision. So it would be great if you can provide the requested details. Tx.

I know it's expensive in Singapore but life here can get pretty drab and lonely. My roommate a tamilian from Singapore was here for 3 months before dashing back to Singapore without informing anyone...
Unless u make atleast 3 times the money here no point in coming....trust me if u don't have even tht consolation when u come here , u r going to kick urself very very hard later...

Before I decided to take this job in the Magic Kingdom I told my employer that I will not entertain anything less than a xx% increase in salary from what I was making in the US.  The way I looked at it - I was uprooting myself from something that I have been used to all my life and, for all intents and purposes, was "starting over".  Now mind you, everyone has their own tolerance level - mine happens to be pretty high.  There are quite a few things I will put up with for a while but there are things that are just non-negotiable.

I, certainly, would not have made the move to the Magic Kingdom if the salary being offered to me was the same, or goodness forbid, lower than what I was already making.  These are my personal views only!

Mikesing wrote:

All,

I have been offered SAR 15000/ month ( inclusive of accom, transportation) + medical insurance coverage for self + 1 month paid holiday with air ticket by a company. My work location will be in Riyadh.I am into IT Profession with 7 years of experience and I,m currently working in singapore getting Singapore dollars 6000/ month salary. Please lemme know the below details as of today :

1) Accommodation + utilities for a family of 2 members in an individual flat with amenities.

Regards,
mike

You have made your point...lifestyle here will definitely make you feel you'll save more, even though you'll get paid less from what you used to make in SG.

Mikesing wrote:

All,

I live in a compound and I pay SAR 60k a year for a one bedroom (all utilities paid).  I have to pay for internet which costs SAR 700 every 3 months.  Also keep in mind that most compounds require that you pay 6 months of rent ahead.  I have friends who live out in the community and pay SAR 25k a year.  They do have to pay utilities (water, electricity, internet) but the cost of utilities is fairly low.  I remember my friend saying he paid about SAR 150 total for 3 months for his electric bill in the summer.  Another thing to consider is transportation.  I live about 6-7 blocks from my office so I just walk to/from work.  If I have to go anywhere I just take a taxi and that is relatively cheap.  All my friends who live out in the community have cars.  So factor that in to your cost.

Let me start of by saying that I hardly cook (and you can read this as saying I do not cook!!  Lol).  So my food bill per month is probably higher than most and I approximate that I spend about SAR 2500 a month.

I do not have a clue about this since our company offers insurance for the employee and his/her family (spouse, kids).  Our company even offers insurance to parents of the employee, which I thought was pretty interesting.

Regards,
mike

I put some numbers (based on my experience and that of my friends) to some of your questions. See above ...

Thanks for the reply. Can anyone tell me how much a medical insurance card cost for a per person per year. Does this medical insurance card, if any, can be used for regular hospital visits with nominal fees say SAR 20 or less than that?

Mikesing wrote:

Thanks for the reply. Can anyone tell me how much a medical insurance card cost for a per person per year. Does this medical insurance card, if any, can be used for regular hospital visits with nominal fees say SAR 20 or less than that?

Usually, the employer will give his empolyee and all his dependence imedicsl nsurance cards. And yes, these cards usually cover most hospitals, you will just pay 20 riyals, even if the hospital is not registered in The insurance network, you will be able to claim 75% back. Just double check which insurance grade yep the employer will be giving you.

Thanks for the reply. I have already checked with the employer and they will be providing the medical insurance only for me and not for my dependants.(Yes, sounds bit odd but I have verified that again). So I need to take the medical insurance for my wife....Any idea how much will it cost per year?

Usually you can take individual Insurance for around 490+ SR for an year. This is grade C insurance. In order for her to get higher class, she will have to be employed and only the employer can take it for her.

stay in SG bro unless you want to come here for a couple of years save and go back cause life here gets really boring and I doubt you can save up more than what you already save which is 2.7k SGD per month. Also based on your experience could you not bargain for a better pay?

Hi Can you please provide your contact details since i need some information for singapore

Hello bsatish1,

Welcome to Expat.com.

You may as well create new discussions on the Singapore forum should you be seeking information on Singapore.

Thanks & Regards

Mishna