Visiting Malaysia as a tourist. Suggestions needed

Hellow friends.
I need to have a guidance from you all.

I'm planning to visit Malaysia/Singapore during the 2nd week of March 2013 (As a tourist). Would like to ask the following if someone can help.

1-  Best places to visit in KL within 2 days.
2-  Best places to visit Langkawi within 3 days.
3-  What should i care for as a first timer in Malaysia. Is Malaysia safe for walking around on the streets at night time (like here in Middle east).
4-  What is more fun to go from KL to Langkawi (A ferry boat or hiring a rent a car).

Else than above, if any further information can be provided too, it would be appreciable.

Thanks and regards,

1-  Best places to visit in KL within 2 days.

Day One(City Tour by Yourself)
One day is enough if you are going to do City Tour by yourself. However if you will book a private tour guide, City Tour would only take four hours.

Interesting Places to include in your City Tour:

Petronas Twin Towers Visit
Thean Hou Temple
Malaysia's National Mosque
Old Railway
Merdeka Square
Kuala Lumpur Gallery
Masjid Jamek
Sri Mahamariamman Temple in Chinatown
Sze Ya Temple in Chinatown
High Tea or Dinner at KL Tower
The New Istana Negara

Day Two
Visit to Batu Caves
Visit the Fireflies Park
Visit the Monkey Hills
*I recommend you visit Putrajaya too.

2-  Best places to visit Langkawi within 3 days.
Rent a car and see the entire island in just one day. Don't miss to try the cable car in Langkawi.

If you like hiking, park your car downhill and visit the Seven Wells. You can go to the Seven Wells by foot only. It was more than hundreds steps to get there.

3-  What should i care for as a first timer in Malaysia. Is Malaysia safe for walking around on the streets at night time (like here in Middle east).

Beware of snatch thief in action. Thieves on motorbike who can grab your DSLR and bags.

Beware of bad Taxi drivers who ask too much. Some of them can play the meter.

4-  What is more fun to go from KL to Langkawi (A ferry boat or hiring a rent a car).

If you have a limited time, go there by plane.

If you have enough time, travel from Kuala Lumpur to Kuala kedah by bus or private car. From Kuala Kedah, there is a Ferry going to Langkawi. Once you get there to Langkawi, you can rent a car. You can't bring a car from Kuala Lumpur to Langkawi.

Dear azumi25188!

Thank you very much for this information. I will certainly take a note on it and will take into consideration. Im planning an overall trip for an approximate 10 days in which im willing to spend 2 days in KL, 4 days in Langkawi and 2 days in Singapore. Keeping the balance 2 days for any possible long road journey.....!

Can you also suggest a posh and safe area where i can book a 4 star hotel.

schaz wrote:

Dear azumi25188!

Thank you very much for this information.
Can you also suggest a posh and safe area where i can book a 4 star hotel.

You're welcome.
I always book through
www.booking.com
In my experience, it is cheaper and they offer discounts.

You can also visit the government website of Malaysian Tourism if you want a list of 4 stars hotels and see the price range. Direct link below:
http://www.tourism.gov.my/en/Master/Web … re-To-Stay

Don't Forget to click on the left hand side of the website the following filters:
-Kuala Lumpur ( where to stay;)
-Four Stars Rating
and other filters if applicable.

Many thanks once again!

Yes, im considering the booking.com or agoda.com. MY only query is just to know the AREA which is most prefered to select.

I will certainly look into the mentioned information and thanks again for the great help.

Must say great info by azumi, thanks dear.
@schaz
Are you done with your trip and how did you find it. Please share, (specially the hotels and the areas that you chose to stay) as I am also planing to visit with my family on August.

Hi , I m Male 27 from Pakistan .I want ask a question . My Question is What is the best way to legel Enter, Living ,Working in Malaysia . (1)Study Visa ? or (2)Visit Visa ?
I m Very thankfull to u for Reply .