600omr job offer

Hi my name and is avisek...recently I got a job offer from Muscat and they are offering me 600 Omr and it is my in hand salary...no accomodation or food or transport cost....is it ok for a single person to live with this salary and also do savings...after six months I am planning to take my wife also over ther..she will work as a teacher over there....please suggest me...

Please give me some suggestions ....its very urgent

600 OR is enough for single person

600 rial is okay for one person. With wife, you would need at least 1100/1200 rial, as your home and out side food, utilities requirements will go up. If you have child, school going that would go up to 1500 RO pm.

Avisek, please follow the posts in the Oman Forum.  There are many responses for your question posted by me and others.  I am sure, it will help you a lot for your planning.

Thank you guys.....as per your information if i will be staying alone over there then OMR600 IN ENOUGH? Because I wont be getting any accomodation,food and transport charges from my company....so please tell me after spending in all these expenses can i save some money??????

please give me urgent replies as i have to take a decision as soon as possible....pleassssseeeeeee

if you are not getting accomodation, transport and food from the company, and since your wife will be joining you- u would need a house that costs at least 400/500 RO per month. in that case, ask for a minimum 1200 RO. at 600 RO u wont be able to manage it at all.

Hi,as of now just tell me that whether 600 one is good enough fir a single or not...this will be the net salary in hand and I have to take are of all other expenses like home,food and transport..this is I Am talking about single person only

for your information
the villa where i'm living is 500rials/month without water/elec..
and i'm not living in muscat
so 600 rials is tight for me

Per day what is the cost meals,I mean breakfast,lunch n dinner..non veg?

hi all, please provide me the below mentioned informations:

1. cost of breakfast, lunch and dinner (non veg) per day
2. cost of local transport
3. cost of groceries
4. cost of medicines
5. cost of garments

I just want an average cost.

Please tell me.........

Hi avisek82,

I suggest you to view other threads on the Cost of living in Muscat.

Thank you,
Christine
Expat.com team