Average Salary and Social Life

Dear All ,

I`ve been offered to work in Tripoli for LD 12,000 , as basic salary , is it good ? and what about the social life there , is there any ?

I think this is good salary package. what is your job here?

Mr Ram wrote:

Dear All ,

I`ve been offered to work in Tripoli for LD 12,000 , as basic salary , is it good ? and what about the social life there , is there any ?

Sales Director , would i be able to live and save ? what about the social life there ?

hi Rem,

12000 per month or year?

cheers

JHR wrote:

hi Rem,

12000 per month or year?

cheers

Per month deat

Rem,

Good for you. I never knew they pay Arabs that well in libya!

Cheers

JHR wrote:

Rem,

Good for you. I never knew they pay Arabs that well in libya!

Cheers

Hi JHR

So it means thats a good salary ?

its because i have v good experience in my field .

Rem,

It's a great salary. you will be able to do alot with that salary.

Cheers,

J

JHR wrote:

Rem,

It's a great salary. you will be able to do alot with that salary.

Cheers,

J

Merci for the info .

Libya is good country i was i love it and very cheap but libyan are nervous little bit so dont try to bother them and if the be anger they can shoot but it very good country for saving money but which ur will work in hotels or what ...?

Hilton wrote:

Libya is good country i was i love it and very cheap but libyan are nervous little bit so dont try to bother them and if the be anger they can shoot but it very good country for saving money but which ur will work in hotels or what ...?

Dear hilton
Thanks for the info , my work is in home appliances , is it securied country ? You scared me bro :)

Home Applicane you mean real state company?and regarding security dont scare sure u will people holding guns,u will hear shooting and some troubles in some areas  but you are safe in your office and avoid areas trouble and try to have libyan friends in your company they will secure you and don't act as you are boss coz if u did this with libyans u will be in troubles they hate high nose and especilly if foreigners i was there from august 2009 till march 2011 then i back from oct 2011 till june 2012 my company transferred me to muscat with promtion but i dont like muscat so i resigned and i back to my home loosing my job and I think i use to work in Libya to be honest i love libya it country that i like even if no safe weather in libya is nice not hot like and dry liek gulf.libya cheap more than all countries ,libyan quick nerve so try to take them in ur side and u will be safe and u will find them friendly .

finalyy dont scare and go ahead and take libayn experince and for any further assitnce dont hesitate to contact and may ask where u r from.

Regards

Ok, if you are single you can live in a high Libyan standard spending a 1000 on accommodation and another 1000 on food and pleasure, I think even with a small family you could do the same easily, but I still doubt that they would pay this much for the field that you mentioned.

Hilton wrote:

Home Applicane you mean real state company?and regarding security dont scare sure u will people holding guns,u will hear shooting and some troubles in some areas  but you are safe in your office and avoid areas trouble and try to have libyan friends in your company they will secure you and don't act as you are boss coz if u did this with libyans u will be in troubles they hate high nose and especilly if foreigners i was there from august 2009 till march 2011 then i back from oct 2011 till june 2012 my company transferred me to muscat with promtion but i dont like muscat so i resigned and i back to my home loosing my job and I think i use to work in Libya to be honest i love libya it country that i like even if no safe weather in libya is nice not hot like and dry liek gulf.libya cheap more than all countries ,libyan quick nerve so try to take them in ur side and u will be safe and u will find them friendly .

finalyy dont scare and go ahead and take libayn experince and for any further assitnce dont hesitate to contact and may ask where u r from.

Regards

Dear Hilton ,

Very useful infos you gave me thanks , well i`m willing to try this experience even I still have some doubts , anyway , home appliances has nothing to do with real estate , its about selling TV`s washing machines , AC`s and these stuff , but still donno what to do there for fun is there any place to go ? and what about the internet connection ?

Thanks

mancunian wrote:

Ok, if you are single you can live in a high Libyan standard spending a 1000 on accommodation and another 1000 on food and pleasure, I think even with a small family you could do the same easily, but I still doubt that they would pay this much for the field that you mentioned.

Dear Mancunian ,

Thanks for the info , my role will be Sales Director and i have an official offer by this amount of salary , since i have over 15 years of experience , but if you can help me , plz tell me what ca i do in my free time , and is there a good internet connection .

I`m married but will be single in Libya .

Thanks again

regaridn internet connect you can buy wimax wi fi with intena 250 lyd cost and 30 dinar per month 15 GB and u can usb wi max 150 and 30 lyd and 15 GB also and about fun u can go to drink coffe in cornthia hotel or radisson blu hotel or u can go casa cafe shop frankly no fun common in libya but put u will hate the country first moment but once u paas first month and u hold your cash you will be ok so dont take any wrong decision to leave the country under any conditions it very good country for business still virgin country and belive me it better gulf now i am suffering and hesitated to accept my offer in dubai or not coz i hate gulf and asians there i sure i took wrong decison to leave libya it cheapest country and it matching arbans but gulf for asians

Mr Ram wrote:
mancunian wrote:

Dear Mancunian ,

Thanks for the info , my role will be Sales Director and i have an official offer by this amount of salary , since i have over 15 years of experience , but if you can help me , plz tell me what ca i do in my free time , and is there a good internet connection .

Thanks again

Hey Ram,

You better check that offer again. Cuz as far as I know sales people dont get paid that much!
For freetime in libya I would recommend joining a good gym and maybe picking up a hobby.
Forget about partying and drinking.

Becarfull of stepping on somebody's toes, dont forget that everyone is armd and situations can turn ugly very fast.

cheers,
J

Good salary offer Ram, barely any activities or social life for expats as of now.

You can still go to coffee shops and other hangouts in the evenings...if you are living in a decent housing community you will have some ameneties there within the complex or near by...

All the best with your move to Libya!

cheers!

Hilton wrote:

regaridn internet connect you can buy wimax wi fi with intena 250 lyd cost and 30 dinar per month 15 GB and u can usb wi max 150 and 30 lyd and 15 GB also and about fun u can go to drink coffe in cornthia hotel or radisson blu hotel or u can go casa cafe shop frankly no fun common in libya but put u will hate the country first moment but once u paas first month and u hold your cash you will be ok so dont take any wrong decision to leave the country under any conditions it very good country for business still virgin country and belive me it better gulf now i am suffering and hesitated to accept my offer in dubai or not coz i hate gulf and asians there i sure i took wrong decison to leave libya it cheapest country and it matching arbans but gulf for asians

Dear Hilton ,

Thanks for these infos , why dont you apply again to Libya since you like it that much ?

I think since you have experience there you can find a job easily .

JHR wrote:
Mr Ram wrote:
mancunian wrote:

Dear Mancunian ,

Thanks again

Hey Ram,

You better check that offer again. Cuz as far as I know sales people dont get paid that much!
For freetime in libya I would recommend joining a good gym and maybe picking up a hobby.
Forget about partying and drinking.

Becarfull of stepping on somebody's toes, dont forget that everyone is armd and situations can turn ugly very fast.

cheers,
J

Dear JHR ,

How can i check it since i received an official one ?

As for drinking I dont drink so that wont be a problem for me , I may go to GYM as you said , and sure wont step on anyone`s toes :)

Thanks for the advice :)

fahim007 wrote:

Good salary offer Ram, barely any activities or social life for expats as of now.

You can still go to coffee shops and other hangouts in the evenings...if you are living in a decent housing community you will have some ameneties there within the complex or near by...

cheers!

Dear Fahim ,

Thanks , actually i still donno where to live , i need i decent house , one room with kitchen and bathroom will be great , bytheway how much does it cost to live in a hotel ?

Thanks again

Hotels can vary between 150-400LYD per day....i'd rather have a place of your own.

Initially you will be placed in a hotel i am assuming, try to find a decent accomodation near your workplace. I suggest you ask someone from your company to scout 3-4 options for you but approve it only when you reach Tripoli yourself.....the reason being whats gladly acceptable to one might not meet even the basic requirements of another.

cheers!

Mr Ram wrote:
fahim007 wrote:

cheers!

Dear Fahim ,

Thanks , actually i still donno where to live , i need i decent house , one room with kitchen and bathroom will be great , bytheway how much does it cost to live in a hotel ?

Thanks again

Hilton wrote:

What is all that about?? are you some sort of racist? Never mind ethnicity but a whole continent?

Gernademan wrote:
Hilton wrote:

What is all that about?? are you some sort of racist? Never mind ethnicity but a whole continent?

Dear gernademan
Calm down my bro he was just making his point we are all brothers at the end.

Take care

He better be careful and think before posting that comment. Personally I am offended by it, just goes on to show how ignorant people can be.

Hi there,
you have a decent offer for Libya, especially as the security situation is not brilliant nowadays which means that the many things that can be done here (sightseeing outside of town, mountains, beaches out of town) are not as easy to do so for a social life you will be quite restricted; although as a man it will be a little less difficult for you to go out to cafes and such.
As you will have seen even from this thread, some people are just looking for reasons to get offended so just take care when you are communicating, as we all know things get lost in translation and many Libyans are not used to interacting with foreigners so they are often not aware of this concept.
Apart from that the wifi prices quoted below are from the old days, nowadays due to shortages a dongle costs about 450LYD and a big wimax around 600LYD and the internet drops sometimes but on the whole it is fine, much better than 5 years ago when I first came here.
Check the National Geographic today as it has a feature on Libya.
Life here really doesn't cost you much apart from the rent; food is cheap and there is nothing else to spend money on!
I would recommend not even discussing specific accomodation till you get here, as you want to be able to choose for yourself, and not be lumped into someone's uncle's old place. The most important thing is the landlord, as you need someone who will take care of you in case of anything. Also, living in town usually involves a major lack of privacy, living in 'suburbs' allows you a bit more personal space (and less mad traffic noise) but involves some sort of small commute.
Good luck with your decision/move!

Mr Ram wrote:
Hilton wrote:

Dear Hilton ,

Thanks for these infos , why dont you apply again to Libya since you like it that much ?

I think since you have experience there you can find a job easily .

Ram Really Falgo write good advices and valuable and try to do it as u can and ur nationlity as Jordanin is good coz libyan dont have troubles with jordanin coz they dont like Egypains .

@ Flaog wimax is increase u know i bough it in 2010 120 dinalr and i sold it in kast june 60 dinar .