Infant safety child restraints (car)

My family and i returning to the city, not sure if i should bring the car seat we are currently using or purchase one in the city. But i have never seen any child in a safety seat while traveling. So if anyone knows where one can be purchased or advise whether or not i should bring the one we are using. That would be a great help and ease my worries.

A concerned first time mommy

I'm sure you can buy out there, but not sure where (perhaps a mothercare branch)?! I'd most likely take the one you have with you, at least you have peace of mind then :)

@ spiffster

Yes you can buy car seats in Beijing. My son turned 1 on the day you posted (7 Jan) and we use a car seat.

As R-Mac said you can buy them from Mothercare (it's in Solana) and from a number of other shops that sell thing for kids.

You can also buy on-line from Taobao

If you are looking for a second-hand one then Roundabout Charity Distribution Store  always seem to have them in stock.

We are currently still using the one we got from Beijing United Family Hospital as a present when he was born. ... Present is a funny word - the birth cost so much there the car seat should have been made from gold.

How old is your son/daughter?

My mother in law purchased one on taoboa much to my surprise before we landed back in Beijing. My daughter will be 5 months in a few days. Yes that hospital is very expensive, went for a prenatal check up there but ended up returning to Canada to deliver.

@ manlin
Baby check ups and growth charts in china.
Brought my daughter for her immunizations and check up was told my daughter is over weight, even though in Canada she has always been on the higher percentile. Is there just a huge difference in the infant growth charts compared to Chinese babies. Or should I be looking into a different pediatrician.