Male from uk looking to move get a job in united arab emirates...

Hi im a 19yo male from newcastle upon tyne (uk) looking into moving to United Arab Emirates, was just looking for some advice on the likes of getting a visa? jobss etc?

also if you are an employer could you please check out my profile and have a read... Thankyou!

Hi and welcome to the forum Stephen1993!

What part of UAE are you interested in?

Regards
Armand

Hi steve,

I had a look at your profile.  I hope that i can give you some information that will be useful.

The skills you have are craftsman skills which in the UK can earn you a good living, especially if you put the hours in.  Unfortunately here, those jobs are filled mainly with people from the subcontinent like india, pakistan, nepal sometimes.  These are the "labourers" you often read about here.  They are usuall paid a very low salary (about 100-200 pounds a month) plus accommodation in camps.

The best option for you (and i know you wont like to hear it) is to get a further education qualification.  A British Degree is a valuable commodity and will open up many more doors for you.

Another avenue, is to get some oil & gas experience.  Theres is alot of work for expats in the oil and gas industries.  However, this may mean moving up to Scotland as most of the work is there.

If money isnt a big issue for you, you could always try the hospitality industry (hotels, bars etc).  Ive known alot of young brit expats who do this.

Saying all that, I still think you should come over and see.  You never know.  You get a visa on arrival for one month and renewable for upto 3 months with a short trip to oman by car.