Expat in waiting. Where to start?

Hi guys - my husband and I are from Australia and adore Vanuatu.  We've been visiting on and off for years and it's that time in our life when we are planning to retire and split our time between Oz and our retirement home.  I've started searching to "buy land in Vanuatu" and have looked at most of the FAQ's posted.  What I'm really looking for is some wonderful forum'er to help us get started.  We have only been to Efate and Santo and Port Vila really appeals to us.  Mainly, due to practical reasons (hospitals, restaurants, other people etc).  Love to hear any advice you wonderful guys can share with us.  Ohhhh.... and Happy New Year!

Hello krissymt.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Hope you'll be helped by other members soon.

If you have specific questions, do not hesitate to ask them.

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hi, my advice would be to contact Catherine at Transpacific Real Estate, she is wonderful to deal with, we went through her to buy a business and also looked at many houses and land, she is not pushy and lets you take everything in, she also does residency apps too. There are some wonderful spots of land here its just a matter of looking and checking the areas out. Happy New Year to you too

Hello dayna and dave,

I would suggest you to recommend this company in the business directory. (Free advertisement is not allowed on the forum) :)

Thank you very much.
Christine

Hi
My wife and i came to Vanuatu early last year to retire and are living in Port Vila.
Would be happy to meet sometime and give you our thoughts re living here.

Regards David   0678 7732323