Customs at Sri Lanka BIA Airport

Dear Colleagues

I would like to inquire that as an expat, are you normally following the 'Green Channel' or 'Red Channel' on the BIA Airport. Secondly, if you are going through the 'Red Channel', you always fill the Customs Declaration Form or not ?

Similarly, apart from the Immigration stamp, does Customs give you any receipt or put any stamp at the back of your passport ?

I am not 100% Confident on the information but according to my experience and knowledge you can take Green channel without filling any documents if you do not have anything to claim , but still they will do random check and ask questions, but if you have things to claim such as many electronics (new) and alcohol or ciga over the limit then do all the documentations and take the normal channel. in case if you had something when you take green channel again they will ask u to do documentation.

You can go through the Green Channel if you have nothing to declare. The Custom in any case does not put any stamp on your passport. Everything is done by the Immigration on your Passport.