Moving to Manila - Advice on Housing

Hello everyone,

I am moving to Manila by the end of January 2013. I haven't made any arrangements for long-term accommodation.

I would appreciate some advice on whether I should find a flat/room online or arrange first a short-term stay for the first few weeks (or month) and look for a flat in Manila.

Also, if you know any websites on flats/rooms in Manila, please send me the web addresses. (for contacting me directly: [email protected])

Happy new year to all.

Thanks,
Mac

Hello Mac.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

The Housing in Manila section might help. You could post an advert there.

Thank you,
Aurélie

I would recommend finding short term housing at first.  Manila is a big place and you need to do a lot of searching.  Try Craigslist to get an ideal of pricing, but dont lock into anything until you see the place and its surroundings.

Welcome to Expat.com, I have expat friends here, I assist them to look for a place to rent, I have also an expat friend who is managing a unit for rent, hope I could help you.
But it depends in what place you will stay.

Hi Mac,

Im an expat living in Manila,I have some units for rent in Pasay near to SM Mall of Asia,Malate and Makati.If you're interested pls send me a short message here or send me or email address and will send you the details and pictures of the unit..Thanks..

Hi Mac,

Its definitely best to go for a short term flat first so you can check your options for your long term lease. You don't want to tie yourself down to anything you haven't seen first hand.I can recommend some condos you can lease on a daily basis for a very low rate for $45 /day or even less. You can check Roomorama or Airbnb or sulit, but always check for reviews from previous tenants to make sure you know what you're getting into. Message me for any questions, would be glad to help you!

Corinne

Hello Mac,

I have some units for rent 1-2 Bed room fully furnished for short term and Long term..@ Sea Residences,Mall of Asia,Pasay City..Please me sms message for inquiry..here is my contact number:09397217622..Thanks..

Hello> you should please post your advert in the appropriate section = housing in Manila section.

And as this is an old thread, i close this topic.

Thank you.

Closed