Living off SR5000/month

Hi,

Is it possible to live off SR5000 per month in Riyadh by a single person considering house rent, utility bills, transport, food, internet, medical?

Thanks

aliweb wrote:

Hi,
Is it possible to live off SR5000 per month in Riyadh by a single person considering house rent, utility bills, transport, food, internet, medical?
Thanks

Absolutely Yes!!!

But you have to eat once per day only, Share a room, don't put in too much gadgets, share for internet, take the rialin coasters, and you can also try not getting sick!

;) > just kidding...

haha I don't know if I take it as a YES or NO

aliweb wrote:

Hi,

Thanks

Of course Yes. You can save 2500SR out of it also, if you try.

House Rent - 1200SR/Month, 800 Groceries, Utility Bills - 200, Internet - 100SR, Medical and transport depends. Its not all that tough. But if you are looking for luxury, then even 10K wont do it for you.

If you share the house, the price will come down even more cheap. Depends on priorities.

Great!
I want to save as much as I can. In the process of moving to Riyadh for a job. So let's say if I am able to live comfortably for SR5000   then that would be great!

I started my job first with the total salary of 4250 SAR per month, proved my skills and now alhamdulillah earning a respectable salary after 2 years of hard work. 5000 is a good start, make sure that the company you are working for has a growth opportunity for you, with 5000 salary, you could actually save from 3500 to 4000 SAR.

aliweb wrote:

Hi,

Thanks

aliweb wrote:

Great!
I want to save as much as I can. In the process of moving to Riyadh for a job. So let's say if I am able to live comfortably for SR5000   then that would be great!

Comfortable is subjective. All I can say is you definitely can survive here and save for a salary of 5K.

There are people who make less than 1800SR/ month and still save to send home.

No actually I have been offered SR15000 so I was thinking of saving SR10000.
10000 is such a nice round figure to save!

aliweb wrote:

If you are offered 15000, I dont think you will be able to survive for 5000SR.

johnkuriakose wrote:
aliweb wrote:

If you are offered 15000, I dont think you will be able to survive for 5000SR.

I am doomed then.

aliweb wrote:

I am doomed then.

Sounds like the right word.

i dont know how you guys do it

i spend like 5k a month just on stuff.

Freshlikesushi wrote:

Well, some deprive themselves of things/stuff if the main goal is to save. I guess it's pretty easy to do that when prices here are ranging from nothing to too much. While some are paying 50-60 SAR for a meal, others are paying less than 20, even less than 10 in some cases. Same thing goes with cars/clothes/housing.

Freshlikesushi wrote:

it depend on what kind of stuff you are talking about
plus  it depend from where you are buying them

but eventually IN THIS COUNTRY !! ; you need to spoil urself from time to time

Bruckner wrote:
Freshlikesushi wrote:

Well, some deprive themselves of things/stuff if the main goal is to save. I guess it's pretty easy to do that when prices here are ranging from nothing to too much. While some are paying 50-60 SAR for a meal, others are paying less than 20, even less than 10 in some cases. Same thing goes with cars/clothes/housing.

Exactly!

Some people get into a 'buying mode' because it makes them happy, at least temporarily. 

I have a friend here who is always buying extremely expensive handbags, shoes and jewelry.  Personally I think she's crazy but it seems to be what she needs to do to tolerate living in Riyadh.

And I hate shopping :o
Especially if it's my own money :cool:

I don't like owning things because then you have to worry about them.

Alliecat wrote:

A great mindset to have. Lighter on the pocket. :D

Alliecat wrote:

true ,, its my way

Yes, But ofcourse it will depend on your life style, Even families live on 4000 per month. But as much I know that's pretty good for single. You might save a lot if live with other bachelors or you can rent good apartment and live alone.

Living with bachelor might cost around 200+, Living alone can cost from 12000-26000 per year, You would likely save in food too living with people.