Mount Kiara to Twin Towers

Hi,
I'll be relocate to KL in 2 month on a 3 years contract. I'll be working in twin towers. Please suggest me to choose which neighborhood. As I read up to now, I came to mount kiara, so far. I checked the route to work in google map and it was 17 Km and 19 minutes drive. but in current traffic option it was 40 minutes which would be frustrating. is it really that much? what about a bus or underground. is it any? I really don't like driving everyday in traffic. By the way, I have married and have a daughter who is 11 and I want her to be grown up in a nice vicinity.

Bus or underground hahahahaha!

Merry Christmas :) try ampang

(it's more like 90 mins in the jam at times and hell to drive. KL has a fourth world public transport system and an expat should never take a bus as safety a big issue - assuming you can find one)

Mont kiara is a good option.. It's much more livable I also think it's quite peaceful , there are quite handful ammenities , malls , restaurants , hospitals , gym ..schools. It has a good mixture of expats around the Globe and locals  in the neighborhood.   But the downside is the public transportation in mont kiara Is quite bad there are no trains lines passing by and the buses are not so frequent . Also to KLCC during peak hour u might get stuck in jalan duta / Kuching for 40 mins . For me I guess the traffic in KL is not that bad comparing jakarta or Bangkok. Another option is maybe sentul east , tamarind or saffron which is closeby the trains LRT and monorail..

Thank you MoneyChaser and Nemodot,
Is "sentul east , tamarind or saffron" as good as mont kiara. I read lots of good reviews for mont kiara but haven't heard of saffron. There are LRT & monorail as you mentioned. how much time is needed to get to petronas towers from there and vise versa?

an expat should never take a bus as safety a big issue

Is a foolish thing to say on the routes he/she would be taking.  You can get a bus in Mt. Kiara that will take you to the Bangsar LRT, from which the KLCC stop is quite close.

I lived in Bangsar and took the bus to and from Mt. Kiara every day for work...no big deal if I was an expat or a Martian.

If I were you, though, Rezaszme, I would be looking at Ampang and around there.

hello Rezasme, would you consider renting a place 7 mins from your work place? its called Capsquare. If you are interested please let me know I might be able to hook you up with my friend, he is renting out his apartment.

Thanks awong82. I've checked Capsquare and it's very expensive.
Please tell me about Jalan Ipoh. What about it? Is it easy to reach KLCC? Is it as good as damansara height or MK?

I am not very familiar with jalan ipoh, but I dont think is anything like mont kiara or damansara. But you can ask around and see. Also if you know anyone that want to rent capsquare let me know cause currently helping my friend.

Since you are working at Twin tower, you should stay nearby. although mont kiara is just about 20 mins drive. this is actually the estimation during unpeak hour. what about peak hour? it could more than 35mins.If you have budget, you may consider to stay apartment surrounding in twin tower. it could cost from 4.5k - 8k for 2 bedrooms.depends on the apartment condition. I have a friend got one unit in seri maya and intended to rent out. it is opposite LRT station, only 2station to reach twin tower. and also just about 1-2km away from international school. let me know if you are interested.

Rezasme wrote:

Hi,
I'll be relocate to KL in 2 month on a 3 years contract. I'll be working in twin towers. Please suggest me to choose which neighborhood. As I read up to now, I came to mount kiara, so far. I checked the route to work in google map and it was 17 Km and 19 minutes drive. but in current traffic option it was 40 minutes which would be frustrating. is it really that much? what about a bus or underground. is it any? I really don't like driving everyday in traffic. By the way, I have married and have a daughter who is 11 and I want her to be grown up in a nice vicinity.